The Adelaide Hills Council’s annual community grants program has identified 38 recipients who will benefit from a combined total of nearly $150,000.
Recipients included Gumeracha Football Club, Cudlee Creek Soldiers Memorial Ground, Cudlee Creek Tennis Club, Mount Torrens Bombers Tennis Club, Forest Range Recreation Ground and more.
The grants program, distributed under Community Development Grants and Community and Recreation Facility Grants, seeks to assist local not-for-profit community organisations in the Adelaide Hills Council district who provide facilities to, or want to generate great outcomes for, the local community.
Adelaide Hills Council Mayor, Jan-Claire Wisdom, acknowledges the importance of the annual grants program, this year in particular.
“We have seen such an outpouring of community connection in the face of bushfire recovery and then managing COVID,” said Mayor Wisdom.
“Being able to offer a financial boost to those people in the community who are leading initiatives of resilience and wellbeing is vitally important to us.”
“Sometimes having that help to purchase a seemingly trivial piece of equipment can make all the difference to the services a group can provide, and to the morale of our amazing community volunteers.”
The next round of Council’s Community Grants will launch in September 2021.
- Google establish Adelaide base at Lot FourteenExciting news! Google has its sights set on Adelaide for their next Australian office.
- Big Shed offering new 1kg schnitzel pizza as part of now-monthly specialBig Shed Brewing’s popular massive chicken schnitzel pizzas––dubbed “schnizzas”–– weigh in at 1kg, and they’ll now be on offer once every month.
- Coffylosophy crew opening brunch spot with focus on native ingredientsThe success of Coffylosophy has inspired husband and wife team Neha Chaudhary and Harsh Mehta to open up a second store and it sounds incredible.
- Adelaide Racing Carnival is back this May with a stellar event lineupRacing season is upon us, so get ready to enjoy the Adelaide Racing Carnival with three action-packed events filled with fashion and, of course, racing!
- Adelaide’s Next Door & Prohibition Liquor Co. team up for cocktail masterclassLearn first-hand from the experienced teams from both venues how to make two bespoke gin cocktails.