Over two hours of adrenaline-filled entertainment and 8 epic films are coming your way with the 2016 Radical Reels Tour, hitting Adelaide for one night only in November.
Packed full of big drops, big exposure, big dreams, big air and big kahunas the Radical Reels 2016 Australian Tour will have you on the edge of your seat from start to adrenaline filled finish.
The Radical Reels Tour continues to push boundaries with the best action sports films from the annual Banff Mountain Film Festival. This year the 8 short films are:
- VIA FERRATA, ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE – Don’t look down! A mountain biker attempts some gnarly downhill lines in the Dolomites that only normal people using fixed lines and a harness would go up.
- THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS TRAVERSE – When Will Gadd and Gavin McGlurg decided they wanted to define a bold new style in paragliding, they could not have picked a more vegetated, convoluted and downright burly route to test their concept. With one simple rule of only being able to make forward progress in the air, they set off on a 700-kilometer traverse of the Canadian Rockies.
- THE MYSTERY – What began as a dream one night led adventure photographer Krystle Wright down an unexpected four and a half year journey to capture the most elusive photograph she’d ever taken.
- GOLDEN GATE – She’s been trad climbing for only three years, but Emily Harrington didn’t let that sway her from the magnetic pull of El Capitan’s ‘Golden Gate’ (5.13 VI). Will six days on the wall, 40 pitches, numerous scabs and steely determination be enough to get her to the top?
- BALLOONSKIING – What if there was no gondola or helicopter? Just the wind and a hot air balloon to lead you and your friends to undiscovered powder and untouched turns.
- CHASING NIAGARA – When pro kayaker Rafa Ortiz decides to paddle over Niagara Falls, he sets in motion a series of events leading Rafa’s team on a remarkable two-year journey from Mexican rainforest rivers to the waterfalls of the US Northwest before coming to a heart-stopping climax at the iconic Niagara Falls.
- REEL ROCK 10: SHOWDOWN AT HORSESHOE HELL – How hard can it be? 24 Hours of Horseshoe Hell is a climbing competition that has you climbing day and night and racking up points for your climbs as you go. You just have to beat Alex Honnold.
- BEAT DOWN – Two bikers, one steep trail. It’s a race straight to the bottom in Moab. A Slayer-heavy short from Camp4 Collective films.
Catch all the action of the Radical Reels Tour on 23 November 2016 only, exclusive to the Capri Cinema, 141 Goodwood Road, Goodwood. The session runs from 7pm – 10pm approximately, with tickets available now from the Capri Cinema or the Radical Reels Tour website.