It’s not like we have our own Federation Square here in Adelaide. But we do have plenty of beautiful open spaces that we can put screens into. Because what’s better than moving the television into the back yard on special occasions.
But why not go one better this year and and head to Botanic Park for a day long AFL extravaganza full of fans, footy, food and a fantastic concert to end a spectacular day of celebrating the biggest sporting Saturday afternoon on the Aussie calendar.
The lords and ladies at AFL HQ have official sanctioned the public broadcast of Channel Seven’s live coverage on huge LED super screens throughout Botanic Park with full HQ Stadium Sound. The action kicks off at midday with pre-match entertainment and hospitality from a variety of food and drink stalls and bars. Fun rides for the kids, official merchandise including the 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final Record on sale, AFL player skill classes, longest kick and best ‘speckie’ competitions plus the chance to mix with past and present AFL champions. 2016 TOYOTA AFL GRAND FINAL LIVE will be the ultimate place in Adelaide to be to watch all the excitement this October 1.
Still not convinced? Here are 5 more reasons why you should head along:
- You can meet Eddie Betts! Sure, we were all hoped the Crows would be playing on the day, but if you can’t watch the Crows or Power take home the Premiership the next best thing is watching the grand final alongside them. Crows superstar Eddie Betts will be there, along with Sam Jacobs, Power’s Hamish Hartlett, Chad Wingard and AFL legends Tony Modra and Gavin Wanganeen. Watch, as these footy champions settle the score and go head to head in a skills competition. In addition, six lucky fans will be selected from the crowd and paired up with the superstars, with the the winner receiving a double pass to the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final at the MCG. You can’t get that watching at home!
- Rock out to the working class man. Once the game is over the guitars come out and Aussie rock legends Jimmy Barnes, Jon Stevens, The Angels and Ross Wilson take to the stage. They’ll be playing all their hits, so you can dance the night away while singing all your favourite rock anthems under the stars.
- Watch the game on the big screens. Why go to a pub or host your own Grand Final backyard barbie when you can watch it on the giant screens, with full HQ stadium sound and all the food and beer sorted for you. Bring a picnic rug or deck chair, find a spot and cheer on your team, with food trucks and bars to keep you going all day and night. If you’re coming with a group, you can even book a table for 10.
- You can hold a Premiership Cup, Brownlow Medal or Coleman Medal. Ever wanted to know what it feels like the hold the Premiership cup? We have all these prestigious footballs awards in the one place and you can even have your photo taken with them, alongside your favourite player.
- Kids under 12 are free! We haven’t just thought of the adults, there will be plenty to do for the kids as well, with rides and games including an AUSKICK specky inflatable, goal kicking and handball games plus much more. Plus they have the chance to meet their favourite players and a family zone to hang in.
Grand Final Live in Botanic Park is quite simply the ultimate Grand Final Day experience with over 10 hours of live entertainment. It’s the only place to be if you’re not at the MCG! Book your tickets now, via www.grandfinallive.com