As the world faces the biggest global health issue in more than 100 years, a 9News special presentation at 9.00pm tonight will bring you the very latest developments in the Covid-19 emergency sweeping the planet.
This unprecedented health crisis is changing the way we go about our day-to-day lives in ways that were unimaginable just weeks ago.
Hosted by Peter Overton, our special broadcast will cross to reporters across the nation and around the world to ensure viewers are armed with the latest facts in this rapidly developing situation.
With employees forced to work from home, public gatherings banned and our supermarket shelves devoid of essential items, Australians are enduring deeply troubling times.
9News will break it down and provide you with the facts you need to know to help you continue living your life as normally as possible during this unsettling period.
9NEWS SPECIAL: COVID-19 – TONIGHT AT 9.00PM
- South Australia Records No New COVID-19 CasesCurrently, South Australia has one active case of COVID-19, with twenty-five close contacts of the case currently being contacted daily for symptom checks.
- SA Public Transport Changes Announced & Travel Exemptions ReinstatedSouth Australia’s Premier Steven Marshall, today spoke on this morning’s National Cabinet meeting, to discuss issues surrounding public transport, travel exemptions and more.
- Tasting Australia October Dates CancelledToday the festival announced that they are cancelling the October dates and will be returning in 2021.
- International Travel Back On The Cards With Reveal Of Proposed TimetableThe Tourism Restart Taskforce, a body assigned with providing advice and strategy on reviving Australia’s tourism, has unveiled a timetable outlining potential travel dates in the coming weeks.
- Compassionate Exemptions For International Travel PausedMr Marshall then spoke on the state of compassionate exemptions of the international travel ban, following the latest COVID-19 case in SA arising from a woman who was granted travel into SA.
- Zero New COVID-19 Cases In SA Found And Exemption Travel DiscussedIn regards to the only active case in South Australia, SA Health are in the midst of finding all potential contacts, with Professor Spurrier stating that there are no apparent chains of transmission.
- ALL Businesses Previously Directed To Close MUST Complete Covid-Safe Plan Before MondayBusinesses or organisations previously directed to close MUST complete a Plan (this is legally enforceable) or face a fine.