The Bureau of Meteorology has released its forecast for Christmas Day in South Australia, with the Adelaide area expecting dry and mostly sunny conditions and a temperature maximum in the mid to high 20s by the middle of the day.
Afternoon sea breezes are likely in the city after a predicted top of 29C, while the south of the state will warm up to become hot later in the day. In the northwest, isolated showers and cloudy conditions are possible, fed by a tropical low from Western Australia.
Boxing Day is expected to be slightly warmer right across the state.
The last two Christmas Days have been hot, reaching 35.5C in 2019 and 36.2C in 2018, but the average maximum temperature for December 25 in Adelaide is 28C.
Check out the Bureau of Meteorology website for the latest forecasts and weather warnings for throughout South Australia.
- Shop in a dystopian supermarket at Adelaide Festival’s The Plastic Bag StoreNew York City artist Robin Frohardt has made a grocery store exhibition out of her native city’s plastic rubbish in Rundle Mall.
- Fringe Review: Kevin Kropinyeri Goes TalkaboutKevin Kropinyeri is hands down one of Australia’s great comedians and his content is always halfway between “am I allowed to laugh at that” and “oh god, it is so true” side splitting humour
- Your first look at Afro-centric steak restaurant the Meat & Wine CoVenture to the Adelaide location to enjoy the steak spot’s top quality meats and wine.
- Bird in Hand expands to Tasmania with vineyard and art trail plansBird in Hand is set to expand into Tasmania, having acquired a pristine stretch of coastline at Seymour on the east coast.
- Fringe Review: Don’t Mess With The DummiesA slapstick circus show that promises unbelievable acrobatics and a jungle adventure