The best spring/summer fashion trends from exclusive Adelaide shopping strip, King William Road, Hyde Park will be collectively showcased at Variety on King William (#VarietyKWR)- the inaugural fashion and fine dining luncheon set for Friday, 19 October 2012.
A key point of difference for one of the first events on the Adelaide Fashion Festival program will be the presentation of fashion by trend, with the spotlight focusing on eight of the hottest fashion looks this season from more than 20 fashion, shoe and jewellery stores on the road. Plus more than 25 models will grace one of the longest catwalks ever seen in Adelaide – 100m right down the middle of King William Road!
Liza Emanuele, known for her legendary show-stopper fashion shows, created this special event concept and presented it to the King William Road Traders Association (KWRTA).
“My vision came after watching the 2012 Chanel Cruise Collection on the Riviera. King William Road has always reminded me of Europe and this concept translated so beautifully for the road,” said Liza Emanuele, Designer and KWRTA Committee Member.
John Karran, President of the KWRTA said that he saw Liza’s vision from the get go. “The committee and I saw this event as a luxurious and innovative platform to showcase the best of the road. I think in today’s climate traders need to think outside the square and this event certainly does that,” he said.
Event Producer and Director of littlelion communications, Gabrielle Leonello said that guests will be literally spoilt for choice as King William Road boasts one of the biggest supplies of exclusive and independent fashion labels in Adelaide.
“Guests can expect a gorgeous fashion parade, presenting King William Road’s top trends; Neon, Exotic, Pastel, Floral, Metallics, Graphic Print, White and a finale of the best racing looks for the spring racing carnival, with lots of
surprise entertainment interwoven throughout the day,” she said.
The food and wine on offer will be equally enjoyable. Road favourites; The Pot, Parisi's, Jones the Grocer, Mulot's Patisserie and By Blackbird have collaborated to put together a four course menu of delicious food that will be totally mouth-watering, giving guests a taste of the great food diversity on the road. Each course will be matched with beautiful Tomich Wines.
Tickets are $130pp or $1040 for a table of 8 and can bought online through VenueTix or from select outlets on the road: Liza Emanuele, Parisi’s, Moveover Menswear, Karrans of Hyde Park and Boo Radley. Net proceeds from Variety on King William will go to Variety – the Children’s Charity.
Events like this couldn’t happen without the princely support of some very generous Adelaide businesses. Principal partners include; Tomich Wines, Australian Motors – Mazda and Australian Spring Lamb. Other partners include Atmosphere Events, Aussie Party Hire, Kennards Hire and City of Unley just to name a few.
For more information about Variety on King William go to www.kingwilliamroad.com.au or connect with us on social
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingWilliamRoadHydePark and www.facebook.com/AdlFashionFest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingwilliamroad and www.Twitter.com/AdlFashionFest #2012AFF
Variety on King William has partnered with The Adelaide Fashion Festival which is hosted by the City of Norwood, Payneham & St Peters and The Parade, Norwood. The official charity for the Festival is Starlight.
1. Neon – Vibrant neon shades will brighten the runway. Guests will see how to wear the trend in both subtle ways and for the brave, with head to toe, bold and clashing brights – it's all about making a statement. #neonKWR
2. Exotic – Always a key look for the summer season, the year of 2012 is all about the woman well-travelled. You will see worldly influences from the Mediterranean, oriental and ethnic regions. From animal prints, aztec designs and tribal influences on kaftans, maxi dresses and resort wear. #exoticKWR
3. Pastel – Sorbet shades, and gelati colours bring out the softer side feminine side of spring/summer. These toned down hues are an ideal trend to wear head to toe or perfect as base trend. Be creative and start mixing with key florals, graphics and even metallic or the forever elegant 50s trends! #pastelKWR
4. Floral – Whether it's a stylish pant suit, shirting basics or romantic flowing skirts and dresses, models will be seen wearing the garden motifs head to toe, clashing contrasting prints together along with the most chic of botanical accessories. #floralKWR
5. Metallics – It's all-in this season when it comes to shades of metallics. The trend that embraces structure and body-con styles, to pure fluidity, there is a shade of gold, bronze, copper, gunmetal, silver or rose for everyone. #metallicKWR
6. Graphic – Digital, Geometric, Aztec – Loud and clashing in vibrant colours. We show how to wear print from head to toe, how-to with that key trouser pant, blouse or blazer! #printKWR
7. Cool White – Forever cool, white is the true classic colour for spring/summer. From structured minimalism to natural fibers and flowing romantic textiles, guests will be shown white for every occasion. #whiteKWR
8. Racing – King William Road is the one stop shop for racing and the best of will be shown so that you can be walking and treading in the best of the best! Giddyup! #racingKWR
- 2012 Adelaide Fashion Festival Program (glamadelaide.com.au)
- Adelaide Fashion Festival Returns With More Events Than Ever! (glamadelaide.com.au)