The Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market has announced that the whole market is moving to a new site within the Showground this Sunday, 29th March. The new location will offer four times more space and reduce overcrowding.
The Farmers’ Market remains open as an essential food service, welcoming shoppers eager to avoid the supermarkets and stock up on fresh local produce in the fresh air.
South Australian farmers’ fields are bursting with new season produce and the market also has plenty of local bread, milk, eggs, cheese and free range local meat.
Open 9am – 1pm every Sunday, the market is taking strict measures to ensure the safety of shoppers and stallholders:
- Only shop if you are well
- Don’t touch food you are not buying
- Use produce bags to pick up your food
- Wash you hands and sneeze into your elbow
- Queue in accordance with the current social distancing requirements, maintaining a distance of 1.5m in all directions (this will be enforced)
- Shop alone to reduce total numbers at the market, no groups or couples please (carers excepted)
To prevent groups gathering they are not holding their usual Kids’ Club, Pooch Parking or cooking demonstrations. Sampling, keep cups and reusable containers are banned.
Visitors will find all their favourite stalls in the heart of The Showground, just north of their normal home, they’ll be in and around the Stirling Angus Hall. Car entry will be via Rose Terrace and Leader Street.
Show your support the 75 local, small businesses who participate each weekend and make sure your next food shop is at The Showgrounds.
Screen shot this map for directions to the new location.