Photo: Bruce Djite shares Adelaide’s first UberX ride.
This is not a drill folks! Adelaide has watched from afar all of the hype and drama surrounding Uber coming to Adelaide. Is Uber trustworthy? How much will it cost? Will the sky fall in? Well, no more waiting to find out!
It’s time for Adelaide to decide for itself from midday today when uberX ridesharing goes live through the Uber app – an to celebrate their offering free uberX rides around town (until further notice, because that’s how Uber like to roll).
Already live in over 400 cities around the world, it’s not like the whole Google Car testing that happened here – this is proven. Heading into the CBD for the footy or a few drinks? Leave the car at home and share a ride into town. It beats hours circling for a carpark or paying overnight parking fees, that’s for sure! And of course, you’ll be driven by registered Uber drivers who are all Adelaide locals!
HOW TO RIDE
- Open the Uber App in Adelaide
- Select uberX in the slider at the bottom of the screen
- Request a ride anywhere in Adelaide
- The free ride will be automatically applied at the completion of the trip
- Share the love – demand will be super high, and we want everyone to get a ride
- If you need to cancel a trip, a cancellation fee may apply