Aleenta Barre fuses ballet, barre conditioning, yoga and pilates isometric movements to work the arms, back, legs, glutes and especially the core.
All Aleenta Barre sessions integrate the fat-burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping techniques of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, the flexibility of yoga, and the core strength of pilates to create a dynamic and highly effective workout to shape and tone the entire body.
See the difference
Clients can expect to see results from just 10 sessions. For maximum benefit we recommend three-four sessions per week.
How is this achieved?
Our workouts blend flexibility, strength and fat burning in an interval training format.
– Flexibility – yoga warm up, stretches during the workout and yoga cool down
– Strength – hand weight exercises, leg and gluteal toning and core work
– Fat-burning – the interval training format means the heart rate is raised and lowered several times throughout the class, boosting a student’s metabolism to promote continued fat burning for several hours following the class.
The strengthening element of the workout tones muscles, while stretches are crucial for muscle-shaping.
Barre workouts are a very popular and well known fitness regime in the USA and the UK and have some high profile supporters, including Victoria’s Secret, who recently revealed that all their models use barre workouts to get in shape before a catwalk show. Other fans include the Material Girl herself, Madonna.
Aleenta Barre class types:
– Barre Burn – the traditional barre method popular in the US
– Barre Blend – a blend of ashtanga yoga in the warm up and cool down and traditional barre workouts
– Barre Cardio (to be introduced later in the year) – a combination of cardio sequences designed to improve cardio fitness. This class is best done by those that have a moderate fitness level as cardio barre can be quite strenuous on the body.
– Baby Get Back (to be introduced later in the year) – this is a program for new mums to get back in shape.
Who suits which class?
Barre Blend and Barre Burn are suitable for all students and fitness levels. Whilst they work the same muscle groups, the sequences are different in order to provide variety in the work outs.
The Rundle Street studio is set to open soon! Visit www.aleentabarre.com/ for more information.