What’s better than a Fashion Show? A Fashion show held IN a department store…you can literally shop while you watch! Myer showcased their Spring17 trends as part of the Mercedes-Benz Adelaide Fashion Festiva, in a up-beat runway show held on level 2 of the Rundle Mall department store – I know, dreams do come true.
The atmosphere was lively, everyone was bubbly and excited, the exhaustion of AFF day two hadn’t kicked in. Various Australian brands such as Acler, Finders, Alex Perry, Misha Collection and more were worn by a stunning array of Adelaide Models sporting a bold red lip. Not to mention Australia’s golden girl/Myer Ambassador, Jen Hawkins opened and closed the show, looking oh so radiant.
The show embodied a spring feel with floral archways throughout the runway and the designers collections were nothing short of beautiful. So, here is our top 5 takeaway trends from the show:
- Berets and Straw Hats: Oh la la! The models wore black and tan berets with their outfits, making them look nothing more than oh so chic. This little accessory gave the clothes a romantic vibe. Not to mention the straw hats that gave a sophisticated look to a casual outfit.
- Florals: I know, florals for spring? Groundbreaking! Ignore your inner Miranda Presley and trust us, florals are in!
- Red: Whether it’s a red dress or a red lip, go and get yourself some! We don’t mean deck yourself out head to toe in red but try pair a red off the shoulder top with your go-to denim shorts for a summery look.
- Smashing Prints: Polka dots and stripes? Sounds crazy, we know but mixing and matching your prints is IN ladies.
- Double Denim: Did someone say deja vu? Feels like the 90’s! Girls and Guys are rocking the double denim.Either you love em’ or hate em’ but there is no denying these trends are in for spring friends. Time to hit to shops and update the wardrobe.
Photos by Jack Fenby & Daisy Russell
An Interactive 360° Tour Of the Adelaide Fashion Festival Hub; Because 2017