On January 15 join in what might be one of the Port’s best BBQ’s of the summer at cafe-cum-cornerstore The Banksia Tree.
The Summer BBQ Dinner event will feature 4 of Big Sheds best craft beers, including one pallet cleanser, and your choice of a stacked Vegetarian or Meat Lovers menu to match them with.
Highlights of the vegetarian menu include Charred Zucchini with Smoked Salsa Verde, Fire-roasted Corn rubbed with Native Australian seasoning and a Roasted Eggplant and Smoked Tofu Slider. Yum.
For meat aficionados, don’t worry, you can expect the full BBQ Bombe, and their homemade Maple Mustard, Smoked Tomato BBQ Sauce and Banksia Ranch will be on hand! We won’t even get into dessert here, but it sounds just as good.
With everything cooked over Banksia’s awesome red gum fire, there are two sittings available, one at 6pm and another at 8pm, so bookings are essential for the January 15th event. We can’t recommend these two local businesses highly enough. Beer and BBQ? Everyone wins.
The Banksia Tree cafe is at 147 Vincent Street, Port Adelaide. Check out their Facebook page for more details or their event booking page here. Don’t forget to make your menu choice when you’re there.
- Fringe Review: Paul & Catherine Sing TogetherWe have missed the alternate view that Paul McDermott has on the world and its woes and its great to have him back.
- Your first look at Adelaide Festival’s finished music venue, SummerHouseThe Adelaide Festival’s new live music venue SummerHouse is open, and it’s gorgeous!
- Meet Super Bueno, a wine bar that doesn’t take itself too seriouslyGouger Street’s new European-inspired bar comes from the group behind the West Oak and Joe’s Kiosk.
- Festival Review: The Boy Who Talked To DogsThe Boy Who Talked To Dogs is a unique theatrical experience, produced in collaboration between Slingsby and the State Theatre Company of South Australia.
- Touring Wonderland Spiegeltent is taking centre stage for Adelaide Fringe FestivalAustralia’s touring Wonderland Spiegeltent will take centre stage this year at the Adelaide Fringe Festival.