A girls night in complete with cheesy movies, daggy pjs, yummy snacks and pampering (more specifically, avocado facials) is always a good idea. This October the Cancer Council is calling on women across Australia to host a Girls’ Night In to raise funds for all women affected by breast or gynaecological cancers.
Every day in Australia, 60 women are diagnosed with breast or a gynaecological cancer.
Girls’ Night In gives you the opportunity to catch up, have fun, and donate the money they would have spent on a night out to support the women in their life impacted by women’s cancers and help save lives.
With the theme, ‘Catch Up. Raise Funds. Save Lives.,’ there is very little convincing to be done in way of showing just how wonderful and important this event truly is.
All funds raised support Cancer Council’s vital research into women’s cancers, prevention and advocacy programs, and support services to help women at every stage of their journey.
Cancer Council is the leading cancer charity in Australia, uniting the community, creating hope, providing support and saving lives. Cancer Council fundraisers like Girls’ Night In have resulted in research that has directly impacted the screening, treatment and prevention of breast and gynaecological cancers.
A Girls’ Night In can be as big or as small as you like. Host a dinner party, have a pamper session, put on a movie night or prepare your favourite food and spend time with friends and family at home.
Your money and support is more important than you would even know. Here’s where your money goes:
- $10 can help pay for an information pack to help a woman cope after surgery.
- $25 will help connect a woman with another woman who has gone through a similar cancer experience who can listen and share practical support.
- $50 can help fund a call to a cancer nurse on 13 11 20, that informs and supports a woman through her cancer diagnosis.
- $100 can help provide accommodation for a woman who needs to travel and stay away from home to access treatment.
- $500 can cover some of the costs of recruiting women into research studies to understand the causes of cancer.
- $1200 can go towards supporting research into breast and gynaecological cancers.
It’s a truly wonderful way for friends and family to get together and show their support for women impacted by cancer. All you have to is get your girls together for a fun night any time throughout October. So what are you waiting for? Register now!