Home gathering caps have lifted, however with a series of provisos.
Following the Transition Committee meeting this morning, the cap on private functions will lift from 50 to up to 200 from midnight tonight.
Event organisers will need to abide by the one person per 2sqm rule, obtain a COVID safe plan, QR readers to track the guest list, and a COVID marshal present.
SA Health Chief Public Health Officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier says that change will make many at home weddings possible.
Both the COVID safe plan and COVID marshal training can be completed online. A QR code is provided upon being granted a COVID safe plan.
SA Premier Steven Marshall says that the next Transition Committee meeting will cover further lifting NSW border restrictions.
There have been two new COVID-19 cases recorded in SA, both from overseas travellers.
The male in his 40s and the woman in her 20s have no link to the tennis players who are currently quarantining in SA.
There have been a total of 596 cases in SA with five active cases.
- Latest business COVID cash grants tax exemptRecent rounds of the Government’s business support cash grants paid to eligible COVID-affected small and medium businesses will be exempt from Commonwealth income tax, following a request by the SA Government.
- New exposure sites listed as infectious truck driver travels through SAChief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier addressed the South Australian public today regarding one new positive case of a truck driver passing through South Australia before testing positive to COVID in WA. Spurrier said the truck driver was a man in his 20s who had received his first dose of the COVID vaccine. She added […]
- Dancing to return to SA with further restrictions eased this weekSouth Australian Police Commissioner Grant Stevens provided a COVID update this morning for the public with the announcement of restrictions to ease across the state.
- Application process open for additional COVID-19 vaccination providersAs part of the continued expansion of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccination rollout program, businesses are now able to team up with vaccination providers to administer the jabs to staff at their workplace.
- Home Quarantine Trial begins for international arrivalsThe international traveller trial will involve about 90 Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel who are returning from lower-risk countries.