Carrie Bickmore of The Project and Liz Kelsh, national make-up artist for Max Factor have recently been appointed the fashion and beauty ambassadors of Myer Centre Adelaide and Elizabeth shopping centre – and people say nothing exciting happens in Adelaide.
Adelaide born Carrie Bickmore is known for her stylish yet attainable outfits on The Project and as such falls into this role perfectly. With a mixture of edgy and polished looks, going from prints to block colours and wearing pieces from Camilla and Marc and Ginger and Smart as well as Portmans and White Suede, Bickmore has a look that is appealing to the masses not only for the chic, stylish look but also because it is a look that we can all obtain. This fact has not been lost on those of us who tune in six nights a week to see Bickmore’s latest look (or hear the news) as Bickmore is one of TV’s biggest style influences, inspiring the most fashion purchases across Australia.
Liz Kelsh, another household name, is a national and international make-up artist with Max Factor along with being a make-up artist to the stars. Receiving her big break at Milan and Paris fashion week in the 1990’s, Kelsh has over 20 years’ experience in the make-up industry and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to all things beauty. With such experience and expertise, Kelsh has worked with many a celebrity including Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Hawkins.
Bickmore and Kelsh, the extraordinary women that they are will be sharing their style and beauty secrets for the collaboration with Myer and Elizabeth Shopping Centres and as such, we have each of their top 5 tips and tricks for updating your Spring/Summer style.
Carrie Bickmore’s Tips and Tricks
1. A white button down shirt is a must have for every wardrobe. It will forever be a classic and it goes with everything, from skirts and dresses to jeans and tailored pants.
2. Wearing colour close to your face such as a scarf can brighten up your complexion.
3. Adding a belt is a great way to add shape to your outfit. Experiment with width, texture and colour depending on the look you are after.
4. Transition your favourite winter boot into spring summer with a fun floral-print dress.
5. Stripes are massive this season and a great way to pull together a casual weekend outfit. Go for navy and white for a nautical look.
Liz Kelsh’s Tips and Tricks
1. If you have very oily skin yet want to have a luminous glow, wear a matte foundation topped with powder highlighter to create a luminous, not greasy, look.
2. Spend a few minutes massaging moisturiser into the face before applying foundation. Skin will glow and foundation will last longer.
3. When shopping for a new lip colour, try it on without foundation as the right colour will give instant life to your face, while the wrong one will make you look more washed out.
4. Get double wear from your stronger lip colours by dabbing it on with your finger. The result is a modern lip stain!
5. Winged liner is a massive trend this spring and summer. For spring racing, try an aqua feline flicked liner – it’s a great accessory!
With these tips and tricks I am sure that women across all of Adelaide will hit this season looking more fabulous than usual!
Written By Emily Fels of Fashion Global.