If you needed another excuse to put some more oomph into your Saturday morning brunch, July 31 is National Avocado Day!
A staple of the modern-day brunch, whether you have it mashed up on your sourdough or expertly sliced with some delicious smoked salmon we hope you’re celebrating National Avocado Day in style.
If you’re still in need of some inspiration, Adelaide brunch and caffeine experts Coffylosophy have provided us with a recipe for their bestselling menu item, their plate of smashed avo and halloumi goodness
Created by chef Dhirendra Sapkota the dish is one of the most popular on Coffylosophy’s menu, blending the textures of buttery, crispy toast, creamy avocado, salty halloumi, fresh greens, tangy sumac and lime and nutty dukkah and pepita.
You will need:
150-200g La Casa Del Formaggio Halloumi
4 eggs (done your way but ideally poached)
4 slices of your bread of choice
Snow pea tendrils and shoots
– Smash 2 whole avocados with a fork. Add a squeeze of lime juice, a sprinkle of salt, and keep ready.
– Add a squeeze of lime juice and olive oil to the snow pea tendrils and shoot, and keep ready.
– Toast your choice of bread. Butter the slices, and keep ready.
– While the bread is toasting, poach/scramble/fry the eggs your way
– Lightly pan fry 4 thick slices of the Halloumi (~approx 150-200gms)
– Spread a thick layer of the avocados to all the 4 slices of the toast
– Place the charred Halloumi on top of the toast
– Top it up with the prepared eggs
– Cover it up with the snow pea mix
– Sprinkle some sumac
– Sprinkle a generous amount of dukkah, and toasted pepita seeds
– Serve with a slice of lime cheek
Check out Coffylosophy’s whole menu at their website here, also available on UberEats.
Find Coffylosophy at 198A Hutt St, Adelaide.