It may be the best cup of soup you ever buy – feeding your soul as well as your appetite by supporting some of Adelaide’s most vulnerable citizens.
Café Outside the Square is inviting its customers to spend just $10 for a delicious, hearty cup of soup while also ‘paying forward’ a cup for two people experiencing homelessness.
The Whitmore Square charity café will use the funds to deliver lunch to nearby Vinnies Men’s Crisis Centre residents, who also eat dinner at the café every night.
Customers can choose to either pick up their takeaway soup between 10am and 1pm daily or save their order for a later date.
Or to serve up even more generosity, they can make a tax-deductible donation of the full $10 and put all three soups towards the café’s cause.
If there is enough support for the initiative, Café Outside the Square will also deliver soups to safehouses for people experiencing domestic violence, along with several other not-for-profit organisations providing housing and other support to those who need it.
“During these times we are mindful of how difficult things are for our little charity café and the hospital industry more generally,” the café notes on its website.
“But then on top of that, there are those people in our community who were already doing it really tough, and for whom life has now got even just that bit harder. Like people experiencing homelessness – and heaven forbid how many more there may be after this pandemic subsides.”
Café Outside the Square is welcoming anyone else in need to pick up a free cup of soup – courtesy of others in the community who have been able to assist.
To order a soup or donate, phone 8212 6111 between 10am and 1pm. Donations are also being accepted by bank transfer – call or email [email protected] for more details.
Cafe Outside The Square is located at 34 Whitmore Square, Adelaide.
Article written by Ryneisha Bollard
- Incredible Chef Offers In-House Dinners For Barossa VisitorsGetaway SA has joined forces with Barossa Chef Stuart Oldfield to create a unique dining experience for Barossa holidaymakers
- Banjo’s Bakery Cafe Answers Your Pastry Dreams With ‘A Pie A Day’ GiveawayWin ‘A Pie A Day’ for one year.
- Gift This Adelaide Meat Bouquet To Your Carnivorous MatesKnow a meat lover? This meat-filled bouquet may be the perfect gift.
- ‘Sparkke’ Some Joy In Essential Workers By Shouting Them BeerAdelaide’s Sparkke Beverage Company has teamed up with The Good Beer Co. and six other independent brewers from across the country for this great initiative.
- Melba’s Are Selling A Social Distancing 1.5m Log of ChocolateMelba’s have created the sweetest solution to help you maintain adequate social distancing