Big Day Out’s ‘Culinary Outlaws’, Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz of Porteno/Bodega have secured a line up of some of the hottest, spiciest and tastiest names in Australian food to be a part of the first ever Australian Chow Town at Big Day Out Adelaide this Friday January 24!
Joining the role call of culinary renegades, outlaws and innovators, from Sydney (Porteno/Bodega, Rojo Rocket, The Apollo, Hartsyard, Three Blue Ducks and Longrain) and Melbourne (Andrew McConnell/Goldenfields, St Ali, Anada/Aylesbury, Cookie and Huxtaburger) Chow Town Adelaide will now showcase some of their hottest chefs.
The chef line-up includes: Quang Nguyen from Devour, Sam Worrall-Thompson from Jack Ruby, Manu Parez from Veggie Velo, Simon Bryantʼs Jade Seskis, Julian Rydon from Chicken Baby by The Vendor and finally The Grace Establishmentʼs Matthew Trim and Aaron Gillespie.
The Chow Town menu will have a great variety for food fanatics to peruse. A pork belly and slaw burger or beef cheek, lemongrass and tamarind soft taco from Jack Ruby, the incredible donut sundae or peanut butter jelly panna cotta from Devour, a Duluxe Burger from Veggie Velo with halloumi, grilled pineapple a quinoa patty with salad and sauce or perhaps the a spit roast suckling pig bun with slaw and homemade BBQ sauce and a side of spicy fries from The Grace Establishment.
• Quang Nguyen from Devour – www.facebook.com/DevourDessertBar
• Sam Worrall-Thompson from Jack Ruby • Manu Parez from Veggie Velo – veggievelo.blogspot.com.au
• Simon Bryant and Jade Seskis from Simon Bryant – www.simonbryant.com.au
• Julian Rydon from Chicken Baby by The Vendor – www.thevendor.com.au
• Matthew Trim and Aaron Gillespie from The Grace Establishment – www.thegrace.net.au
What: Chow Town at Big Day Out 2013
When: Friday January 25 2013