The McLaren Vale Vintage and Classic will return making Mclaren Vale come alive with motoring history, vintage fashion, local wines, local food, and music, on April 18 April.
This will be the event’s 16th year and there will be more than 500 vintage and classic motor vehicles parading along the streets of McLaren Vale with the region’s breathtaking views in the background.
For entrants, the day will kick off on the lawns of Serafino wines where they will fuel up for the day with a big breakfast and get the chance to mingle with fellow car enthusiasts.
The grand parade officially begins at 11 am with the masses of cars rolling out from Serafino and embarking on the 2km drive down the main street where 100s of spectators will be watching them.
At the end of the main route, the sea of vehicles will part ways and head towards one of ten wineries, including Paxton Wines, Hugo Wines, and Shingleback Wine Cellar Door, where visitors will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the motor masterpieces.
Shingleback will be hosting at least 8 McLaren’s which motoring enthusiasts will know is a site to see so that will no doubt be high on the places to visit that day.
Like many events, vintage and classic did not happen last year due to Covid 19 and Chairman Trevor Sharp, is thrilled to get back to the event for 2021.
“It’s a perfect day for the whole family to enjoy and for motor enthusiasts and the general public alike. As well as the wonderful parade of vehicles on show, visitors will also be able to enjoy the exquisite tastes of McLaren Vale’s world-class wineries, enjoying premium local wines, delicious gourmet foods and musical entertainment throughout the day, all in the picturesque surroundings of the region,” Trevor said.
Organisers are encouraging participants and spectators to wear clothes from the era of their car of their favourite car to go in the running to win prizes for the best dressed.
Entries close on Friday March 26, to register click here.
The event will take place on Sunday 18 April and will go from 10am- 4pm and will be held at Main Rd, McLaren Vale, 5171
- Source of Victorian COVID-19 case linked to Adelaide confirmedGenomics results have returned this afternoon and confirmed the case in Victoria is linked to a recent case currently in Tom’s Court.
- Your guide to Adelaide’s co-working spacesNeeding a new place to set up your business, meet clients and hold functions? This guide will help you find your next co-working space. There’s something for everyone!
- KIN luxury seafood launch new Southern Bluefin Tuna sashimi barThe luxury trader will be offering fresh, high quality seafood with a unique experience for customers.
- Iconic nightclub Sugar calls for help to keep their doors openOne of Adelaide’s most popular nightclubs, Sugar, have announced five weekends of fun in efforts to keep their doors open.
- Siberia is hosting a series of degustation extravaganzas this week onlyExperience a taste of winter at Siberia with their massive 4-night degustation extravaganza, happening this week only.