Following the temporary closure of venues and events spaces due to COVID-19, Cork and Canvas is now launching on demand online paint and sip sessions to keep Aussies in isolation entertained and relaxed. The move to online workshops will allow Cork and Canvas to offer their incredible classes to people around Australia and beyond!
The ultimate way to unwind while bunkered down at home is to create a masterpiece right from your couch with Cork and Canvas’ brand new online workshops. Science says that painting and creating art helps significantly reduce stress, even if you’re no Van Gogh. With so much uncertainty around just how long this pandemic will last, anxiety levels for many are at an all time high. Research has shown that 45 minutes of creative activity significantly lessens stress in the body. Now imagine how chilled you’ll be after a full 2-hour workshop with Cork & Canvas’ artists guiding you right from the comfort of your own home.
For $25 art lovers gain access to a step-by-step video tutorial from Cork and Canvas’ senior lead artists. This on demand service allows you to stop and start the tutorial and take the class at your own pace. Upon purchasing your ‘ticket’ to the virtual class, you will have access to the video for a limited time. Over the Easter long weekend, families can get creative with the special Easter workshop for kids, offering a kids friendly Easter Bunny painting class.
Creative kits featuring paint brushes, paints and canvases can be purchased in single pack ($65), double ($120) and family sizes ($230). Within these kits, each person has enough creative supplies for two masterpieces. In collaboration with Wine Delivery service Different Drop, Cork and Canvas are offering creative kits with not only paints, brushes and a canvas, but also a $20 voucher for your wine order over $100 on Different Drop. Creativity Kits can be delivered nationally.
Founder of Cork and Canvas Melinda Janiszewski commented: “We are always looking for new innovative ways to offer paint and sip experiences in and outside of our studios. COVID-19 has no doubt challenged us to come up with something new and creative in the form of our online workshops. We hope these classes bring Australia and the world some much needed downtime and relaxation during a very stressful time.”
Cork and Canvas classes and creative kits can be purchased on their website.
- Epic Ryderwear sale coming this weekend with nothing over $20Ryderwear gym is holding their biggest sale yet, with prices ranging between $2-$20 for sample stock, on sale this weekend only
- McLaren Vale Vintage & Classic adds to the fun with vintage fashion competitionThis weekend, head to McLaren Vale for a day of vintage cars, wineries putting on some great events, and even a chance to dress up in your best vintage gear & win – by matching the era of your favourite cars!
- Pack your car for an “overseas road trip” to Kangaroo IslandA new, four day SeaLink package lets you take your car to Kangaroo Island, stay three nights, and pay for only two!
- Check out these gorgeous table settings from amazing SA weddingsWe have put together a guide of incredible table settings at weddings to give you a touch of inspiration for your big day.
- Australian Tour of Flickerfest this May at the Mercury CinemaThe 30th International Short Film Festival is on its National tour from February – October 2021.