The Marshall Liberal Government has implemented a raft of measures in Service SA centres as part of its strong plan to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Service SA remains open, however to follow current social distancing rules in line with health advice, the following services will be temporarily suspended:
- Practical Driving Assessments for medical reasons;
- Rider Safe training and assessment courses;
- Learner theory, hazard perception and boat licence testing, including theory tests for overseas licence transfers;
- Non-essential transactions at centres, i.e. issue of special (custom) number plates, issuing proof of age card, issue of an unregistered vehicle permit etc;
- Training and assessment of applicants for a Motor Driving Instructors licence and for appointment as an Authorised Examiner; and
- The need for most people to attend a medical practitioner to complete a Certificate of Fitness to retain a driver’s licence.
These changes are further to measures already implemented including:
- Customers are requested to use EFTPOS facilities where possible rather than cash;
- 5 metre separation lines have been implemented for customers at counters, seating has been separated to support social distancing protocols and assisted self-service kiosks are temporarily unavailable at the Adelaide and Tranmere centres to ensure social distancing protocols can be appropriately modelled;
- Restrictions on how many customers can enter a centre at any time, based on the size of the centre (in line with protocols for indoor gatherings); and
- Service SA staff are regularly wiping down all surface areas, and customers who are unwell when they present to centres are being asked not to enter.
Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government Stephan Knoll said the State Government is doing everything it can to make Service SA centres safe for users and staff.
“The health and safety of our customers and staff is our priority and we have made these changes to further stop the spread of coronavirus,” said Minister Knoll.
“These changes are about reducing non-essential transactions which will help customers and staff to practise social distancing.
“Service SA centres will remain open but I encourage anyone who needs assistance to first head to www.service.sa.gov.au with the vast majority of essential transactions or services available online.
“If you require further assistance, call Service SA on 13 10 84 to see if an alternate service option is available.
“I appreciate that these temporary changes may take some time to get used to but it’s important for the health and safety of everyone involved that we reduce the number of people having face-to-face interactions at our Service SA centres.”
More information is available at www.service.sa.gov.au.
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.