With all the chaos and uncertainty around COVID-19 and what that means for local businesses, the constantly changing landscape means plenty of SA companies have already been impacted – via cancelled events, staff staying home to self isolate or quarantine, customers staying away, and more.
South Australia has shown its community spirit and kindness through the recent bushfire period, and while we continue to help those impacted communities to rebuild and move forward, we now need to also consider how we can help South Australia overall going forward.
Glam Adelaide will be pulling together a series of guides and resources in the coming weeks, to help you find ways to support SA businesses, so hopefully as many companies as possible come out the other side of this – and are still operational, giving our state much-needed jobs, and a future.
Today we’re focusing on the Mount Pleasant Butcher, who has had a major order cancelled, leaving TONNES of Muttwurst, biersticks, jerky, available, and no wholesalers able to take them. They’re selling the long-lasting cured meats for wholesale prices, and can post them out to you if you can’t get to Mount Pleasant. Best of all, they have a 6 month shelf life before their best-before date hits, so it’s perfect for stocking up the cupboard (and let’s face it, mettwurst wins over Spam any day).
Here’s what they posted on Facebook today (March 15th 2020)
|Just to give u a idea how the corona virus has all ready affected Mt p butcher.|
On Friday we manufactured 1 tonne of Mettwurst as we do on a minimum basis weekly. Only 1 hour after we finished our Melbourne distributor cancelled all orders for the next month. As all the fairs and markets have been cancelled.
Then we get notice the Mt pleasant show has also been cancelled that was also just manufactured Friday. So we have a few tonne of mettwurst we need to sell .
So if you can help us out and buy some of our mettwurst, biersticks, jerky, etc.
That would be greatly appreciated.
At wholesale prices.
800gm sticks garlic and plain $15 each Save $1 each
400gm sticks all flavours $9 each save $2 each
Shelf stable food
We can also post to you australia wide
3 kg bag $13
5 kg bag $17
Phone the shop to order 85682 019
Here’s the link to the Mount Pleasant Butcher Facebook page if you’re after more info: https://www.facebook.com/MountPleasantButcher/
- Private lab offers faster testing for COVID-19This sudden increase in testing has created delays in receiving results that have exceeded, in some cases, five days. This is significantly longer than the 24-48 hours stated.
- SA’s streak ends with new COVID-19 caseA male in his 30s, who arrived on August 1 on a repatriation flight from India has tested positive for Coronavirus.
- At home gatherings relaxed, border crossing exemptions tightenedCross border communities will no longer have free travel into SA from Victoria, while at home gathering restrictions have relaxed.
- SA reports sixth consecutive day with no new COVID-19 cases as aged care restrictions increasePremier Steven Marshall today announced the introduction of preventative aged care restrictions, given the vulnerability of residents.
- SA records fifth consecutive day with zero new COVID-19 casesThere are six active cases in SA and 449 people have been cleared of COVID-19. There have been four reported deaths from COVID-19.
- Health courses rising in popularity during COVID-19 pandemicHealth courses at TAFE SA have experienced the most growth of all program areas, with more than 3000 applications received across key health courses in Semester 2.
- SA reaches fourth consecutive day with no new COVID-19 casesMore than 294,000 tests have been undertaken, and all dedicated metropolitan COVID-19 clinics no longer require GP referral or a booking to attend.