Following on from this week’s announcement by South Australian Premier Steven Marshall, that supermarket laws around trading hours were being deregulated to allow for 24 hour trade during weekdays, further restrictions have been lifted on the supply of goods.
The new laws will enable 24-hour deliver of essential goods to supermarkets and retailers, until 30 September 2020.
While the new supermarket shopping hours coming into effect from March 21st, no major retailers are yet to make an announcement as to whether they’ll be extending trading hours.
Shops are now allowed to trade up to 24-hours on weekdays, from 12am to 9pm on Saturdays and from 9am to 9pm on Sundays (effective from March 21 – April 19).
Marshall has said “When you spread the hours, you spread the people, and then reduce the risk.”
- Those Who Have Visited Airport In Past 14 Days May Need To Test For COVID-19If you have been in the Adelaide Airport terminal or carpark in the last 14 days and are symptomatic, it is advised you self-isolate and get a test done as soon as possible.
- COVID-19: Driver Assessments, Proof of Age Cards & Other Service SA Services SuspendedFurther safety measures have been implemented at Service SA to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- Driveway Commemoration Of ANZAC Day Dawn Service Encouraged'Light Up The Dawn' and commemorate ANZAC Day, whether that be from within your home, or at your driveway.
- COVID-19 SA UPDATE: 300 Added To South Australia’s Contact Tracing TeamSouth Australian Premier Steven Marshall has announced that as of today, another 300 people will be joining the state's contact tracing search.
- COVID-19: SA Now Able To Get Medication Available Without PrescriptionSouth Australians in need of an emergency supply of essential medicines during the coronavirus pandemic will now be able to seek their medication without a prescription.
- Kytons Bakery Is Delivering Freshly Baked Hot Cross Directly To Your DoorThis Easter, Kytons Bakery is encouraging gifting hot cross buns to friends, co-workers, employees or clients to brighten someone's day.
- Your Guide To Dining At The Marina Pier From Home (With Delivery & Take Away)Marina Pier are ensuring that you still get to enjoy the flavour bonanza that awaits with their campaign 'Take Away at the Bay' (plus delivery).
- Your Guide To SA Wineries’ Online ShopsIt's time to support our many wineries across the regions who have closed their doors through their online shops.
- Six Adelaide Airport Baggage Handlers Test Positive To COVID-19If you've traveled in the past 24 hours, you'll need to follow some simple steps.
- COVID-19: New Restrictions Announced On Surgery In SATo reduce the spread of COVID-19 within SA, a new ruling now limits surgery to emergency surgery only.
- Adelaide Petrol Price Lowest In 16 YearsAdelaide’s average petrol price is the cheapest since John Howard was PM & Port Adelaide won the AFL Premiership.