South Australian Minister for Education John Gardner has confirmed that South Australian schools will remain open for those needing to send their children to school.
While many families have already moved to schooling children at home, a range of problems is presented with certain students at home, others at school, and others in isolation.
This week, said the Minister, we have been clear that if you are capable of educating your children at home, then you should do so, with our support.
Yesterday, the government launched Our Learning SA, a new central website to support home learning.
Schools are working towards providing one model of education by utilising four pupil free days in the lead up to Good Friday. Schools will remain open on these days for families who need to send their children to school.
The Minister stated that this is important for children in vulnerable home environments, stressing the need to ensure children are looked after regarding health, wellbeing, and education.
According to the Minister, these four pupil free days will ensure that student learning will be looked after, with staff and community made the primary concern.
The Minister stated that schools present a very low risk environment, and are especially important for families that do not have the facilities to take care and supervise their children.
Many workers can only leave their children grandparents who are the highest risk in terms of COVID-19.
In the home environment, if parents can provide effective supervision, the schools, and governments learning tools will be present to support learning entirely.
In term two, it is anticipated that a large number of students will be at home, but there is a great need to support those who remain at school, and ensure both groups receive the same model of education.
More details to come.
- National Pharmacies Alerts Customers After Staff Tests Positive To COVID-19Important information if you visited the impacted store on March 29 or 30.
- Those Who Have Visited Airport In Past 14 Days May Need To Test For COVID-19If you have been in the Adelaide Airport terminal or carpark in the last 14 days and are symptomatic, it is advised you self-isolate and get a test done as soon as possible.
- COVID-19: Driver Assessments, Proof of Age Cards & Other Service SA Services SuspendedFurther safety measures have been implemented at Service SA to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- Driveway Commemoration Of ANZAC Day Dawn Service Encouraged'Light Up The Dawn' and commemorate ANZAC Day, whether that be from within your home, or at your driveway.
- COVID-19 SA UPDATE: 300 Added To South Australia’s Contact Tracing TeamSouth Australian Premier Steven Marshall has announced that as of today, another 300 people will be joining the state's contact tracing search.