The Marshall Liberal Government is continuing to adapt Adelaide’s public transport network to provide the best and safest service to the community during the coronavirus crisis.
Several services will be temporarily suspended from today including:
- After Midnight services on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings, which will not operate this Saturday, 4 April, until further notice;
- J1X Airport to City shuttle, which will suspend operation after the last trip on Friday, 3 April;
- City Connector that operates within the CBD and North Adelaide, which will cease operation after the last trip on Saturday, 4 April.
Other Adelaide Metro services will continue to run as usual to ensure essential public transport services continue for the community.
It’s important people listen to the current advice which is to stay home and only travel if it is essential for things such as work or shopping for food.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak overall patronage on Adelaide’s public transport has dropped more than 70 per cent.
The J1X Airport to City shuttle service has had an 85 per cent decrease in patronage and the After Midnight services a 92 per cent decrease on usual figures.
Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government Stephan Knoll said the State Government will continue to adapt Adelaide’s public transport system as necessary in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
“To ensure the safety of our public transport users we have already introduced cleaning ‘strike-crews’ to perform regular turn-around cleans in between services as well as transitioning to a cashless system,” said Minister Knoll.
“The coronavirus crisis has changed the way South Australians are using public transport with a more than 70 per cent drop in patronage across the network.
“With the widespread closure of entertainment premises across the metropolitan area, travel bans and the restriction of gatherings in public places, individual services such as the After Midnight buses are virtually running with no one on them.
“To ensure we continue to provide the best and safest service to the community during the coronavirus crisis we are temporarily suspending some services. Public transport remains an essential service for the community and the rest of network will run as usual.”
Signage will be placed at all affected stops, information will be available on the website regarding the suspension of the services and the real time system will be updated to reflect that these services are not operating.
For information on the State Government’s services and response to COVID-19, visit https://www.sa.gov.au/
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.