As of Wednesday evening, hundreds of Woolworths stores will close at 8pm so staff can replenish stock.
This closing time is an hour earlier than usual for most South Australian Woolworths stores, and will remain in place until decided otherwise.
Woolworths has also announced that it will open from 7am for a dedicated shopping hour to allow the elderly and people with disabilities to shop (hopefully with less chaos, and fully stocked shelves).
This. comes in response to prolonged panic buying, leaving shelves stripped bare of essentials including long life products and toilet paper.
Meanwhile, there are still restrictions on staples to slow the emptying of shelves while stockists scramble to keep up with demand.
Update on Woolworths current quantity limits per shop:
- *New* Dry Pasta – 2 pack limit per shop
- *New* Flour – 2 pack limit per shop
- Tissues – 2 pack limit per shop
- Paper towel, serviettes and wipes – 1 pack limit per shop
- Toilet paper – 1 pack limit per shop
- Hand sanitiser – 2 unit limit per shop; and
- Bulk rice (2kg+) – 1 pack limit per shop.
Stay tuned for further information.
- This pet photographer is looking for your super cute staffies
- Our top five fried chicken joints in Adelaide
- SA records two COVID-19 cases as SA Health increases quarantine requirements
- PM says JobKeeper changes will benefit entire country
- GALLERY: Flinders Ranges transformed with snow