Written by Tiffany Lord
It has been said that adversity is the mother of all invention and that is certainly the case for husband and wife team, Dr Chris and Claire Koulos, of Burnside Cosmetic, who have adapted their aesthetics practice to include a new tele-consultation initiative.
Former motorsport trauma clinician and skin cancer practitioner, Dr Koulos, known to clients as “Dr Chris”, says the pair have expanded their focus, from a bespoke aesthetics practice in a full medical setting, into general medicine.
“In this current climate, we have increased our medical services to include GP consultations face to face and via telehealth. We offer flu vaccinations and continue to perform skin cancer checks and surgery if required,“ he says.
“We decided to expand services to our clients to assist them during this difficult time. As we are both medically trained, we think it is important to be there to assist clients with issues they would like to discuss during this time of change.”
Clinic nurse and practice manager, Claire, says as people are self -isolating, telehealth is a good way to offer necessary repeat scripts and address any new health issues without clients having to leave home.
“We are also predicting people will be needing some assistance with mental health issues due to the restrictions and uncertainty of being isolated for long periods of time,” she says.
“Existing mental health issues may also be exacerbated during this time.”
According to Nurse Claire a typical confidential tele-consult involves a quick triage to determine if the appointment is best undertaken via telephone or video conference.
“Dr Chris will also advise whether by the end of the consultation if it is necessary for you to come in for a face to face consultation or not,” she says.
“If prescriptions are required, Dr Chris will inform you of how this will actualise.
“For those with a valid Medicare card, consultations will be bulk-billed.”
For tele-consultations, contact Burnside Cosmetic on call (08) 7221 2577 or email [email protected]
- FYI, We’ve Found An Actual Donut PizzaThis deliciously doughy creation features seven slices of Cakeboy’s most popular donut flavours, and is packaged in a pizza box.
- Adelaide’s NEW Underground Gatsby Inspired Lounge Has Opened With An Unreal $65 Shared MenuIf the glamorous venue isn’t enough to impress, The Gatsby Lounge has launched a spectacular Executive Chef’s menu at a brilliant price.
- NEW! Mr Potato Is Opening A Third Location Which Is Spud-Tacular NewsWe’re struggling to contain our excitement because health-conscious, loaded spud concept Mr Potato is officially opening a third location.
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Company Launches Ultimate Freckle PackVisit Barossa Valley Chocolate Company this World Chocolate Day and celebrate in style.
- Pot Painting With Unlimited Drinks & Burritos COMING SOON To A Secret LocationA ticket to Mexican Pot Plant Painting Fiesta includes UNLIMITED tacos, burritos, churros AND unlimited margaritas, while you put your painting skills to the test with your own pot.