Written by Tiffany Lord
It has been said that adversity is the mother of all invention and that is certainly the case for husband and wife team, Dr Chris and Claire Koulos, of Burnside Cosmetic, who have adapted their aesthetics practice to include a new tele-consultation initiative.
Former motorsport trauma clinician and skin cancer practitioner, Dr Koulos, known to clients as “Dr Chris”, says the pair have expanded their focus, from a bespoke aesthetics practice in a full medical setting, into general medicine.
“In this current climate, we have increased our medical services to include GP consultations face to face and via telehealth. We offer flu vaccinations and continue to perform skin cancer checks and surgery if required,“ he says.
“We decided to expand services to our clients to assist them during this difficult time. As we are both medically trained, we think it is important to be there to assist clients with issues they would like to discuss during this time of change.”
Clinic nurse and practice manager, Claire, says as people are self -isolating, telehealth is a good way to offer necessary repeat scripts and address any new health issues without clients having to leave home.
“We are also predicting people will be needing some assistance with mental health issues due to the restrictions and uncertainty of being isolated for long periods of time,” she says.
“Existing mental health issues may also be exacerbated during this time.”
According to Nurse Claire a typical confidential tele-consult involves a quick triage to determine if the appointment is best undertaken via telephone or video conference.
“Dr Chris will also advise whether by the end of the consultation if it is necessary for you to come in for a face to face consultation or not,” she says.
“If prescriptions are required, Dr Chris will inform you of how this will actualise.
“For those with a valid Medicare card, consultations will be bulk-billed.”
For tele-consultations, contact Burnside Cosmetic on call (08) 7221 2577 or email [email protected]
- No new COVID-19 cases for SA todayAnyone who has recently arrived in South Australia from New South Wales and has been to any of the locations identified by NSW Health, should self-isolate immediately.
- Theatre Review: Promenade of ShortsWith COVID restrictions making economically-viable live theatre difficult, Red Phoenix and Holden Street have come up with an ingenious solution.
- Interview: Mark Holden and Katie HoldenFormer Australian Idol judge Mark Holden and his TV exec daughter Katie Holden, chat about their new project, Our Idol Archives podcast.
- Audiobook Review: Burn Our Bodies Down, by Rory PowerYA THRILLER: When angst-ridden teen Margot discovers an old family photo, she runs away from home to discover the heritage that her mother tried to hide.
- How to hold a Kytons Christmas FundraiserEssentially, it’s a chance to raise funds for your school or group WHILST helping everyone along with their Christmas shopping.