It’s not everyday that a film crew take over our city streets, but if you were to walk past Pirie Street today you’d hardly recognise as sections have been transformed into 1978 Cape Town.
Daniel Radcliffe’s upcoming flick ‘Escape From Pretoria’ is currently filming all over South Australia.
The IMDb bio states that “two white South Africans, imprisoned for working on behalf of the ANC, determine to escape from the notorious white man’s ‘Robben Island’, Pretoria Prison.”
Boasting a primarily Australian crew and cast, the film sought to hire local talents. A sign that Adelaide is fast becoming a spot for future productions.
You might not know that films almost always shoot in a non chronological order. Therefore today’s shoot in Pirie Street was day seven of a 30 day shoot and they were filming the opening scene of the movie.
There had to be around 150 people in cast and crew working a 10 hour day. You might be wondering what’s going to come out? Approximately 1.5 minutes of footage.
Escape from Pretoria has no release date yet.
- Hilltop Hoods To Headline Superloop 500
- The Adelaide Wine Markets Return With Rosé Rumble
- Every Record Played Is Given Away For FREE At This Club’s Upcoming Vinyl Night
- Climb, Abseil And Experience A 324m Zipline At Mt Lofty Adventure Hub’s Newly Opened Adventure Tower
- SeaSalt And Melt Join Forces For New Henley Takeaway Joint