If we have said it once, we have said it one hundred times (but probably more), South Australia is awesome. So, we get behind anything that celebrates and recognises the best that our state has to offer.
The South Australian Regional Awards are doing just that… They are held annually to celebrate and showcase the achievements of individuals, groups and organisations that have made contributions to regional South Australia.
From the Adelaide Hills and Coasts, the Barossa, Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula to the Far North, Limestone Coast, Yorke and Mid North and the Murrylands and Riverland – there basically isn’t a region that misses out!
With the aim of recognising those individuals, enterprises and initiatives in a variety of different categories, the Awards set to aim a benchmark for excellence within regional South Australia.
The Award categories include:
▪ The Dr+Group Arts and Creative Industries Award
▪ The Telstra Small Business Award
▪ The Telstra Large Business Award
▪ The Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Education Foundation of South Australia Community Group Award
▪ The Seniors Card Community Individual Award
▪ The Flinders University Education Award
▪ The Leukaemia Foundation Emerging Leader Award
▪ The Programmed Festivals and Events Award
▪ The ReturnToWorkSA Health Award
▪ The Foodland Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment – Food Award
▪ The PIRSA Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment – Wine Award
▪ The Sport Award
▪ The StatewideSuper Tourism Award
▪ The Department of State Development Hall of Fame Award
Selected by a panel of regional and industry representatives, the winners receive an exclusive Glass pear Trophy, a framed certificate signed by the Premier of South Australia, use of the Regional Awards Category Winner logo and the public recognition through Brand South Australia’s broader programs and a 12 month Silver level membership with Brand South Australia.
The Presentation Evenings announcing and celebrating the winners of the 2015 Awards are being held throughout the month of October. They started on Wednesday 7 October in Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula, and end on Wednesday 28 October in the beautiful region of the Limestone Coast.
As each Regional Awards night comes to a close, Brand South Australia are highlighting all the winners from each region on their Facebook and Twitter accounts – so check that out to see the full list of winners as they are announced.
For more information about the Awards and to see the full list of winners head to their website.
Congratulations to all the winners so far, and to all the winners yet to be announced. Thanks for contributing to making SA awesome!