We’ve found a softly coloured, pastel dream come to life, in what might be arguably SA’s most instagrammable cafe.
The Pastel Teacup is on High Street in Strathalbyn, and it offers up a delightful slice of heaven.
The fairytale style tea house offers a selection of teas, barista-made coffee, plus homemade sweets. They also have a range of boutique giftware you can browse while you’re soaking up the serenity.
The Pastel Teacup’s High Teas are served in 2 sessions per day from Thursday to Sunday , and as the High Tea are made fresh for each day, bookings are essential but walk ins are welcome at the shop during opening hours with a selection of cakes and teas available.
When you book a High Tea the price is $47 and $1 from that goes into a separate bank account and when there is enough money in that account the owner Sara Washford puts on a high tea for people suffering from mental health issues and families who have been affected by suicide.
They also have craft High Teas where families will come in and the children can create things like fairy lanterns and tiny tea cups.
Each High Tea is served with a teapot filled with your choice of tea, and a 3 tier stand consisting of fresh made sandwiches, scones, savouries and sweets.
The Pastel Teacup is open from 10:15am – 4pm Thursday to Sunday.
For more info on this quaint slice of delightfulness, check out www.thepastelteacup.com.au.
- Guns N’ Roses 2021 Australian tour rescheduledThe new tour dates will take place in November/December 2022, with tickets on sale today.
- Book Review: The Raven Heir, by Stephanie BurgisMIDDLE-GRADE: Three triplets who live in the centre of the forest with their sorceress mother don’t know that one of them is heir to the Raven Throne.
- QUICK, Jenny’s Bakery are slinging Coco Pops CronutsDid someone say COCO POPS CRONUTS? Jenny’s Bakery did, and they’re serving them until the October long weekend!
- Eva Longoria announced as the official ambassador of McHappy Day 2021The beloved actress will be working to raise vital funds for Ronald McDonald House Charities to support the families of seriously ill and injured children.
- Pertaringa Wines crowned Regional Exporter of the YearPertaringa Wines takes out second major award in just fifteen months, taking the title of Regional Exporter of the Year for 2021.