We all know about last week’s devastating Adelaide Hills bushfires that unfortunately claimed properties, and we know it could have been a lot worse if not for the amazing efforts of our brave volunteer firefighters.
Whilst the Cherry Gardens fires have mostly been contained, there are still areas burning and crews working on blacking areas out.
Yesterday, Eden Hills CFS announced an important milestone. They believe for the first time since their inception 70 years ago an all-female crew went out to the fire-grounds.
On their Facebook page they stated, “A firey’s a firey at Eden Hills, regardless of gender, but we felt this was worth a mention.”
For updates on the Eden Hills CFS, see their Facebook page here.
- SA lockdown to end with new statewide restrictions imposedSouth Australia has recorded no new cases today with lockdown set to end tonight under new restrictions.
- Team behind Coffee on Pinks to open Hills dedicated pasta barOpening within Aldgate’s IGA complex, Spaghetti Head will be a haven for pasta lovers, with multiple fresh pasta dishes created each day.
- A Guide To Adelaide Venues Open For Indoor & Outdoor DiningWith many venues reopening tomorrow, but at limited capacities, here’s a list of where to go, how many people will fit, and what’s on offer.
- New café milk & honey opens in Wynn ValeServing all-day breakfast, mega shakes and hearty cups of specialty coffee, new cafe milk & honey in Wynn Vale has officially opened.
- Monarto Zoo’s Rhino Management Centre nears completionThe rhino enclosure spans 40kms and will be home to Monarto’s Southern White Rhino population in the near future once completion is finished.