We’re a mere two weeks away from the beginning of our favourite (and busiest) times of year here in Adelaide. Each year the Adelaide Fringe grows bigger and better and we’re spoilt for choice when it comes to things to do, see and taste. The Royal Croquet Club is certainly no exception with a staggering number of new and exciting developments as the incredible Fringe hub expands across the Torrens Riverbank. RCC open their doors from Thursday 16 February to Sunday 19 March.
To make sure you across all the cool new things happening at RCC this year, keep this guide on hand.
- Highlighting the site’s relaxed riverside views and stunning treetops, the new-look venue promises something for everyone including over 40 world-class shows, six performance spaces, a star-studded music line-up, themed bars and food from Adelaide’s best restauranteurs – for FULL PROGRAM & DETAILS head to www.royalcroquetclub.com.au
- POPEYE – RCC are teaming up with Popeye to offer cruises down the River Torrens with a twist, as well as paddle boat picnics.
- BBQ BUOYS – working with new comers BBQ Buoys who will be launching from our new site to cruise the river.
- MARKET STALLS – we’ll have a selection of market stalls on the weekend provided entertainment & miscellaneous wares for those who want to meander.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – OzHarvest carts, book swaps and yarn kitting bombing.
- FAMILY FUN – petting zoo, donkey rides, slip’n’slides & of course croquet.
FOOD LINE UP
- Pizzateca Discoteca – https://www.pizza-teca.com/ – New McLaren Vale favourite Pizzateca, will be presenting an all new concept Pizzateca Discoteca – Late night 12 inch pizzas & 12 inch vinyls records, a spot to relax and enjoy some laid back disco with a fresh slice.
- Poke Me – https://www.pokeme.life – Melbourne based Poke Me is coming to Adelaide for the first time to serve up their fresh and healthy Japanese take on Hawaiian super bowls.
- Schnitty on a Stick –http://www.thehappymotel.com – The Happy Motel presents Schnitty on a Stick… It’s like a normal schnitzel, but it’s on a stick.
- Slo Moe’s Smokery –https://slomoes.com – Slo Moe’s lovingly smoke locally sourced produce over Australian Iron Bark and American Bourbon Whiskey Oak, delicious southern BBQ eats.
- Forage Supply Co. –https://foragesupply.co – Forage Supply Co. Food Van is serving up delicious food made from freshly foraged produce, donating 10% of their proceeds to the Hutt Street Centre Homeless Shelter, eating for a cause!
- The Tuck Shop – RCC’s take on all things convenient, serving erything from flat whites to espresso martinis, villas party pies to hot dogs, lollie bags to hot chips… Remember the good old school days and don’t forget your packed lunch before seeing a show!
- Always popular favourites Mangia Mangia presented by Andre’s Cucina Polenta Bar will be back again presenting their amazing traditional Italian offering!
- In addition we’ll also be hosting Toney Coney’s vintage ice cream van, The Crepe-Cart & some other smaller carts of treats for those with a sweeter tooth.
- Usual all star line up for beverage section at this year’s RCC, being one of the only events that hosts a full selection of pours, from Adelaide Hill’s Cider to Pol Roger Champagne, crowd favourite Pimm’s jugs will be featuring heavily again this year, with new entrant of Frosé (Frozen Rose) being presented by Yalumba for those warmer nights.
MUSIC LINE UP
There will be plenty of local and international artists like The Aston Shuffle, Bag Raiders, Cleopold, The Delta Riggs, Electric Fields, Hayden James, Kilter & Klue, Kllo, KLP, Luke Million, Motez, Surahn, Tkay Maizda, Touch Sensitive, Wealth, plus a whole lot more…
FULL LINE UP & DATES: FIRST LOOK: Royal Croquet Club’s Epic 2017 Music Line Up
ADELAIDE OVAL PARKING
One of the coolest things about this year that we’ve never had in previous years at the Royal .. Adelaide Oval to offer parking on the oval grounds with festival deals to make our site more accessible than Victoria Square and more family friendly, in addition to our new season passes, discount tickets mid-week and a whole bunch of other initiatives.
You’ll kick yourself if you miss this year’s stellar event! Follow all the action on their Facebook and Instagram.
The Royal Croquet Club OPENS Thursday 16 February – Sunday 19 March.