This is our third and final recipe to share with you from Oscar Smith’s new cookbook, Feed the Man Meat: 70 Mantastic BBQ Recipes, but our reviewer has been busy scouring Oscar’s recipes cover-to-cover. Stay tuned for our full cookbook review next week.
Thanks again to Simon & Schuster for sharing these recipes in the lead up to Father’s Day on Sunday 4 September 2016. We hope you’ve enjoyed these manly taste sensations as much as we have! If you’ve missed out on the previous recipes, it’s not too late to fire up the BBQ and give them a go:
Bon Appétit, noshi jan, and bog in!
Grilled Lamb Loin with Anchovy & Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes 2 sprigs rosemary, roughly
- 8 thick lamb loin chops
Anchovy & garlic butter
- 6 anchovies, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- zest of ½ lemon
- 125 g (4½ oz) butter, softened
- To make the butter, pound the anchovies, garlic, parsley and lemon zest to a paste using a mortar and Combine with the butter and mix well. Lay a sheet of baking paper on a work surface and spoon the butter into a thick line in the centre. Roll into a log and chill until needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and Brush the lamb chops with the oil, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Preheat a barbecue grill to high and lightly grease with oil.
- Cook the lamb chops for 3–4 minutes on each side for medium, or 4–5 minutes on each side for well Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the anchovy butter into discs and serve on the lamb chops
Feed the Man Meat: 70 Mantastic BBQ Recipes is available now through Simon and Schuster. RRP: $35