In this afternoon’s press conference with South Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nicola Spurrier, the first round of SA school closures were announced.
The Communicable Disease Control Branch of SA Health has today advised the Department of Education of their recommendation to proactively close all schools, early childhood facilities and Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services in and between the towns of Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Angaston, Lyndoch and Williamstown from Monday 30 March.
This means the following services will not be open:
Angaston Child Care & Early Learning
Angaston Primary School
Barossa Rec & Fitness Centre Vacation Care
Barossa Valley Community Kids
Faith Lutheran College
Faith Lutheran College ELC
Good Shepherd Angaston OSHC
Good Shepherd Lutheran School – Angaston
Goodstart EL Nuriootpa
Happy Haven Tanunda OSHC
Light Pass Primary School
Lyndoch Primary School
Lyndoch PS OSHC/Vac
Lyndoch Valley Family Centre
Lyndoch Valley Occasional Care
Nuriootpa – Barossa OSHC/Vac
Nuriootpa Community Children’s Centre
Nuriootpa High School
Nuriootpa Primary School
Redeemer Lutheran School Camp Aust OSHC
Redeemer Lutheran School
Redeemer Lutheran School ELC
Southern Barossa Community CC
St Jakobi Lutheran School
St Jakobi Lutheran School OSHC/Vac
Stepping Stone Tanunda CC & EDC
Stepping Stone Tanunda OSHC
Tanunda Kindergarten Association
Tanunda Lutheran OSHC
Tanunda Lutheran School Inc
Tanunda Primary School
Williamstown Primary School
Williamstown PS OSHC Camp Australia
Williamstown School-Based Preschool
The closure is a proactive measure specific to this area because SA Health has identified a number of linked COVID-19 cases in people who have been in those towns. SA Health is continuing to monitor this situation and is working to identify and quarantine people who may have been exposed. Identified people will be contacted as soon as possible.
Schools, early childhood facilities and out of school hours care services in the region will not be opened until public health officials indicate the Department of Health can do so.
Families are being contacted with information about the closure and details on how continuity of learning will be supported.
Note that Family Day Care can still operate at the discretion of the carer.
A further update will be provided on Monday.
- No new cases of COVID-19 found in SAThere are no active cases in SA and 462 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
- SA reaches one week with no new COVID-19 casesThere are no active cases in SA and 462 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
- SA border with NSW to open as early as next weekSouth Australia’s border with New South Wales may lift next Tuesday, or next Friday.
- Sixth consecutive day with no new COVID-19 cases for SAThere are no active cases in SA, and 462 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
- Calls for SA restrictions to ease around standing whilst drinking & domestic bordersThe Australian Hotels Association – SA Branch is calling for restrictions to ease for patrons standing and drinking, as Qantas urges Australians to show their support for safely opening domestic borders.