In this afternoon’s press conference with South Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nicola Spurrier, the first round of SA school closures were announced.
The Communicable Disease Control Branch of SA Health has today advised the Department of Education of their recommendation to proactively close all schools, early childhood facilities and Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services in and between the towns of Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Angaston, Lyndoch and Williamstown from Monday 30 March.
This means the following services will not be open:
Angaston Child Care & Early Learning
Angaston Primary School
Barossa Rec & Fitness Centre Vacation Care
Barossa Valley Community Kids
Faith Lutheran College
Faith Lutheran College ELC
Good Shepherd Angaston OSHC
Good Shepherd Lutheran School – Angaston
Goodstart EL Nuriootpa
Happy Haven Tanunda OSHC
Light Pass Primary School
Lyndoch Primary School
Lyndoch PS OSHC/Vac
Lyndoch Valley Family Centre
Lyndoch Valley Occasional Care
Nuriootpa – Barossa OSHC/Vac
Nuriootpa Community Children’s Centre
Nuriootpa High School
Nuriootpa Primary School
Redeemer Lutheran School Camp Aust OSHC
Redeemer Lutheran School
Redeemer Lutheran School ELC
Southern Barossa Community CC
St Jakobi Lutheran School
St Jakobi Lutheran School OSHC/Vac
Stepping Stone Tanunda CC & EDC
Stepping Stone Tanunda OSHC
Tanunda Kindergarten Association
Tanunda Lutheran OSHC
Tanunda Lutheran School Inc
Tanunda Primary School
Williamstown Primary School
Williamstown PS OSHC Camp Australia
Williamstown School-Based Preschool
The closure is a proactive measure specific to this area because SA Health has identified a number of linked COVID-19 cases in people who have been in those towns. SA Health is continuing to monitor this situation and is working to identify and quarantine people who may have been exposed. Identified people will be contacted as soon as possible.
Schools, early childhood facilities and out of school hours care services in the region will not be opened until public health officials indicate the Department of Health can do so.
Families are being contacted with information about the closure and details on how continuity of learning will be supported.
Note that Family Day Care can still operate at the discretion of the carer.
A further update will be provided on Monday.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage three has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.
- No New Cases Found With COVID-19 Daily UpdateThere have been no new cases of COVID-19 notified in South Australia. The total number of cases notified in SA remains at 439.
- Major Restriction Changes Announced For SA Dining & Stage Two Brought ForwardThe Premier announced that as of Friday this week, all restaurants and cafes will be able to dine 20 individuals, 10 indoors and 10 outdoors, as well as sell alcohol to patrons.