This morning, SA Health confirmed that the first South Australian death due to COVID-19 has occurred.
a 75 year old man from metropolitan Adelaide passed away last night at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
The family has asked that their privacy be respected at this time.
SA Chief Public Health Officer, Dr Nicola Spurrier reported yesterday that there had only been an increase of two new cases, making the total 411.
More to come.
- Testing Blitz For Recent Victoria Travellers & Mobile Testing Vans LaunchedEffective immediately, SA Health has launched a testing blitz, where anyone who has been to Victoria in recent weeks will be required to present themselves immediately for testing.
- SA Returns To Zero Active COVID-19 CasesA hard border closure is now in effect between SA and Victoria and all SA residents and essential travellers approved to enter SA will be required to quarantine for 14 days, or perform their essential duties under strict guidelines.
- SA Records Zero New COVID-19 Cases As Border With Victoria ClosesFrom midnight tonight, a hard border closure between Victoria and South Australia will come into effect.
- New Virus Surveillance Plan To Test Elective Surgery Patients For COVID-19Fourteen public and private hospitals across Australia are taking part in the project which will see about 3,000 patients get a nasal swab and blood samples taken while under general anaesthesia.
- SA Border To Victoria Closed, Nightclub Restrictions IncreasePolice Commissioner has announced that only South Australian residents from Victoria will be allowed into the state, with further changes to nightclubs and cap on repatriating SA residents announced.