There are plenty of Fringe shows that we could write home about… With over 1000 in this year’s program we aren’t short of options. But rather than us telling you about how good some of them are and why you MUST go see them, we thought there would be someone more suited to that job… So we hit up the artist behind one of the hottest shows in this year’s program to see why she thinks you should most definitely go and see her show.
So without further delay, here are the five reasons you need to see #DearDiary at Adelaide Fringe, according to Andi Snelling:
1. It’s written by a 9 year-old. You read correctly. I started writing this show in 1992. It has only taken me 24 years to finally put it on!
2. It has that song from Cats. That’s right. You know the one. Don’t pretend you don’t. I *will* be singing that song, but as you’ve never heard it before.
3. I get (metaphorically) naked in the show. Because the show is pulled verbatim from my lifelong diary collection, it is uncensored and unflinchingly honest. Voyeurs welcome!
4. Vintage suitcases. The show is full of them. And they can’t wait to be unpacked.
5. It involves a Treasure Hunt. I will be hiding a whole bunch of beautifully handcrafted diaries around the streets of Adelaide in the #DearDiary Treasure Hunt. Keep your eyes peeled during the last week of February because, finders keepers!
See, she knows all of the reasons. Andi is bringing her show to The Bakehouse Theatre following an Opening Night standing ovation and sell-out Melbourne shows. Lucky us!! It all kicks off from Monday 29 February and runs until Saturday 5 March, 7.30pm. Book here.