Since we’ve locked down spending in our house, our online subscriptions are pretty much providing all the entertainment for our family. Long ago we gave away the luxury of a full Foxtel package, instead opting for Netflix and Stan, and more recently Disney. We did however, sign up for Foxtel Now when the final season of Game of Thrones aired, and somehow forgot to cancel it when we were done. (Note: Check all your banking debits and cancel those things you no longer need. It all adds up!).
Today however, that forgotten subscription has turned into a blessing, with the lovely folks over at Foxtel, bumping up our Foxtel Now package.
From today until 31 May, they’re adding Drama Extra, Kids & Docos to our pack, at no extra cost. It’s available to active Foxtel Now customers, excluding customers currently subscribed to the Drama Extras, Kids & Doco packs. Existing subscription fees continue to apply.
If you’re not across what those add ons mean, you’re basically now able to get thousands of hours of additional content, supercharging your online experience at home. You don’t even need to do a thing – just start watching straight away!
The Drama Extra pack includes leading dramas such as Suits, Mother Father Son, Victoria, Luther Sex and the City, Days of our Lives and The Young and the Restless and crime series like NCIS, CSI and Law & Order.
The Kids pack is the home of all your kid’s favourite shows from Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang and CBeebies. Foxtel Now Kids has all the best characters including SpongeBob SquarePants, Henry Danger, DC Super Hero Girls and PAW PATROL.
The Doco pack includes the latest thought-provoking documentaries from Discovery Channel, National Geographic, BBC and others, with a story to blow everyone’s mind. Find out about True Crime, Science and Tech, the Natural World, Australia and New Zealand history and geography. Investigate with Debi Marshall and The Good Cop, delve into the wonders of the animal kingdom on BBC Earth and follow the wake of Captain Cook on The Pacific.
- Cookbook Extract: Chinese Food Made Easy, by Ross DobsonMaster the art of cooking Chinese food at home with these six simple, flavour-packed dishes by bestselling author Ross Dobson.
- 2020 Helpmann Awards CancelledThe awards are being cancelled in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency and its impact on live performance venues and production.
- Cookbook Extract: 12WBT Low-carb Solution, by Michelle BridgesSample three free low-carb recipes from one of Australia's most trusted voices in health, direct from her new book packed with the knowledge you need for long-term weight management.
- Book Review: The Girl She Was, by Rebecca FreebornCONTEMPORARY FICTION: Layla ran from her town, her friends and the memory of what she’d done. Now she must face them all.
- Enjoy a Spanish Film Festival in Your Own Home!Enjoy some Spanish and Latino films at home and check out the new releases coming to the postponed Moro Spanish Film Festival.