Did somebody say the end of Ramsay Street? After 37 years, Australia’s longest running soap, Neighbours, will air its final episode on Thursday 28 July at 7.30pm on 10 and 10Peach.
To celebrate, one of the most popular characters on the show and cultural icon, Jarrod ‘Toadfish aka Toadie’ Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney), has joined forces with Australia’s most loved food delivery platform Menulog, to walk down Ramsay Street one last time.
After entertaining us on the small-screen for nearly 30 years (we’re not joking!), Toadie has donned one of his iconic Hawaiian shirts for a final stroll down the quintessential Aussie street to reminisce about the multitude of absurd, hilarious and tear-jerking moments experienced during his epic stint on Australia’s favourite weeknight drama.
Life on the idyllic residential cul-de-sac in the fictional suburb of Erinsborough has been anything but predictable for the unassuming casanova Toadie over the years – he’s had a variety of interesting, wild and unpredictable storylines and careers:
- Held hostage and shot in the back by criminal Guy Sykes,
- at his wedding reception with first wife Sonya Mitchell, a gas bottle exploded, leaving Sonya in a coma for five days,
- cursed on the wedding front, Toadie accidentally drove his 1981 Commodore L station wagon off a cliff into the ocean with his third wife Dee Bliss, only hours after being married,
- suffered a fractured coccyx after being hit by a car driven by Kathy Carpenter,
- broke his back courtesy of rescuing his daughter from a bouncy castle incident, while attending an open day for the new childcare centre,
- a self proclaimed “fancy pants lawyer”,
- managed a bikini shop called “Bounce” after being gifted it by a legal client,
- tried his hand at amateur wrestling, fighting under the name “The Lawman”.
To celebrate and farewell the iconic drama, Menulog is shouting all Aussie neighbours living on all Ramsay Streets around the nation a free feed. For Charlene in Ramsay Street Haberfield (NSW), Scott in Ramsay St Toowoomba (QLD), Dee in Ramsay Street Karrinyup (WA), and all the Ramsay Streets in between, they will all get a free delicious dinner during the show’s final week on air. Because all good neighbours deserve to be good friends (and get free dinner!).
On his final walk down Ramsay Street, Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi), said: “Ramsay Street has been my second home for almost three decades – I’ve had some fond memories on this street and some eclectic hairstyles! Although it’s the end of an era for this Ramsay Street, it’s not RIP for the other Ramsay Streets around Australia. I’m chuffed to have teamed up with Menulog to acknowledge all of the fellow Ramsay Streets out there. You never know, I may even pay a visit to fans over the coming weeks too. It’s tops that residents have the chance to enjoy their favourite meal whilst watching the final episodes of Neighbours – ‘Did someone say Ramsay Street?!”
Commenting on the partnership and promotion, Simon Cheng, Marketing Director at Menulog Australia, said: “Menulog has been delivering food to neighbours on Ramsay Streets around the nation for 16 years. As one of the most recognisable streets on television gets ready to take its final bow, we wanted to mark this occasion alongside Toadie. He’s the perfect Aussie icon to help us celebrate and pay homage to all Ramsay Streets. We’re a bunch of Neighbours die-hards, and if we could get Harold’s Cafe on the Menulog platform, we would!”
Ahead of the final episode screening on 10 and 10Peach at 7.30pm on Thursday 28 July, Neighbours fans can check out Toadie’s last walk down Ramsay Street with Menulog here.
Aussie Ramsay Street residents can jump onto Menulog to claim their tasty treat – get ready to cry into your korma for your final dose of Neighbours!