This Fringe I came to the realisation that the world doesn’t have enough female magicians, or really, any big names in the magic arena. It’s a terrible situation, and one that I hope my daughters rectify when they grow up. DJing is another area that is dominated by men, but there are plenty of talented women taking the world by storm – and it all started with someone standing up and saying, I’m going to give it a shot.
Well here’s your chance (not to become a magician) but to try your hand at DJing.
On Feb 28 and March 1, you can head along to this brilliant Fringe event, where Luen will teach you DJ basics at Neon Forest at RCC Fringe. You’ll not only be able to understand what’s happening behind the decks at the next party or festival, but you’ll also have the skills to mix tracks, apply filters and understand club DJ equipment too.
It’s a great opportunity to make some new music nerd friends and chat to Luen about any questions you may have.
Take: yourself, no equipment/experience needed.
Female identifying, non binary and trans welcome to apply
Free (limited spots)
Lessons go for 1 hour and will be taught in small groups.
FEB 28th 6-8:30 PM
MARCH 1st 6-8:30 PM
Apply for tickets here.
- Whistler Wines Hosting Long Lunch In Their Wine Barrel Hall
- The Award-Winning Gin Distilled Right In The Adelaide CBD
- New Restaurant: 8020BK Thai Fusion Opens In City Laneway
- Masterchef Winner Sashi Will Cook You Dessert At This Tasting Australia Dinner
- Rescued Dogs Wanted To Feature In Fundraising Coffee Table Book