South Australia’s coastal towns are the ultimate destination when it comes to Summer getaways, and if you like whale watching, winter too! One of the more popular destinations of late, is the gorgeous seaside town of Middleton.
Middleton’s smooth, open beaches still provide the sort of natural solitude that could turn anyone into a beachcomber.
It’s the ‘middle town’ on the old railway line between Goolwa and Victor Harbor and now a thriving hamlet known for its bakery, holiday houses, bed & breakfasts, beach fishing and a rocky point that creates a good surfing break for Southern Ocean swells.
Middleton is also a popular spot for enjoying the Encounter Bikeway – a shared, sealed coastal pathway that’s at its most spectacular between Middleton and Port Elliot.
Luckily for those seeking a getaway, there’s plenty of great accommodation on the Fleurieu Peninsula, including in Middleton, but there’s one great holiday hut that’s caught our eye – Coogee Studio Hut.
The whitewashed hut features a sheltered deck for enjoying morning breakfast and coffee whilst overlooking the attractive gardens. Airy and modern, this little shack evokes the feeling of Melbourne’s historical seaside beach huts, with its charming gabled roof and pastel yellow striped facade.
Soak up some you-time in the large, modern bathroom which features a generously rain shower. Cook lavish meals in the excellently equipped kitchen. Sleep like a baby in the softest sheets.
While the days away in the hut’s lush gardens or try a morning game of tennis on the full sized court. The nearby communal Village Hall and Village Green are also popular with guests. With the summer sun well and truly here, take the opportunity to open the bi-fold doors to create an ‘outside in’ feeling.
Happily too, Middleton beach is only a short walk away from the residence, meaning you can slip on your bathers and some thongs and wander down for an evening swim before trudging back, replete and cooled, to enjoy a g’n’t on the deck as you watch the sun disappear over the garden. What more could you want?
The Coogee Studio beach huts sleep three adults, with prices from $201.43 per night. Book your Middleton getaway here.
- Dates for third round of Great State Vouchers announcedThe third round of vouchers has been announced, with an electronic, randomised ballot doling out tourism experiences from the 21 – 23 of April.
- Getaway: Jukebox dreams are real at Port Willunga stayWe’ve found the perfect spot for beach dwellers and old school music fanatics alike in this quaint three-bedroom beach stay a stone’s throw from the shore.
- Mysterious creature appears at Lake Bumbunga in LochielThe sculpture was recently installed and is part of a redevelopment of the Pink Lake, an hour and a half drive, or 125kms north, of Adelaide.
- Ramsgate Hotel reveals new upstairs accommodationThe lodging includes plush new bedding, a flat-screen TV, and sleek bathrooms above the Ramsgate’s popular restaurant and bar.
- Getaway: The Writer’s Studio in Barossa is the perfect escapeWrite your next piece, finish a project or spend the weekend in your zen state of mind in this hidden oasis.