South Australia’s coastal towns are the ultimate destination when it comes to Summer getaways, and if you like whale watching, winter too! One of the more popular destinations of late, is the gorgeous seaside town of Middleton.
Middleton’s smooth, open beaches still provide the sort of natural solitude that could turn anyone into a beachcomber.
It’s the ‘middle town’ on the old railway line between Goolwa and Victor Harbor and now a thriving hamlet known for its bakery, holiday houses, bed & breakfasts, beach fishing and a rocky point that creates a good surfing break for Southern Ocean swells.
Middleton is also a popular spot for enjoying the Encounter Bikeway – a shared, sealed coastal pathway that’s at its most spectacular between Middleton and Port Elliot.
Luckily for those seeking a getaway, there’s plenty of great accommodation on the Fleurieu Peninsula, including in Middleton, but there’s one great holiday hut that’s caught our eye – Coogee Studio Hut.
The whitewashed hut features a sheltered deck for enjoying morning breakfast and coffee whilst overlooking the attractive gardens. Airy and modern, this little shack evokes the feeling of Melbourne’s historical seaside beach huts, with its charming gabled roof and pastel yellow striped facade.
Soak up some you-time in the large, modern bathroom which features a generously rain shower. Cook lavish meals in the excellently equipped kitchen. Sleep like a baby in the softest sheets.
While the days away in the hut’s lush gardens or try a morning game of tennis on the full sized court. The nearby communal Village Hall and Village Green are also popular with guests. With the summer sun well and truly here, take the opportunity to open the bi-fold doors to create an ‘outside in’ feeling.
Happily too, Middleton beach is only a short walk away from the residence, meaning you can slip on your bathers and some thongs and wander down for an evening swim before trudging back, replete and cooled, to enjoy a g’n’t on the deck as you watch the sun disappear over the garden. What more could you want?
The Coogee Studio beach huts sleep three adults, with prices from $201.43 per night. Book your Middleton getaway here.
- Getaway: a coastal hideaway on fabulous Kangaroo IslandOffering spectacular views over the gaping crystal rock-pools which run along the north coast of Kangaroo Island, this high-end beach shack offers an Island escape on a staycation budget. 88 acres of ambling land, with 800 metres of private coastal frontage make up this property, situated only 3km west of main Stokes Bay Beach. The … Continue reading GETAWAY! Beach Huts Middleton, Coogee Studio HutRead more
- Getaway: The Coach House is the perfect trip for two.Now this is the weekend getaway you need after being cooped up at home for six days. Leave the in-laws behind when you take a post-lockdown trip to Hindmarsh Island, to a house that only has room for two. Built in 1835 as an outhouse to the handsome Karinga Park Homestead, you’ll find this historic … Continue reading GETAWAY! Beach Huts Middleton, Coogee Studio HutRead more
- GETAWAY! Beach Huts Middleton, Coogee Studio HutAiry and modern, this little shack evokes the feeling of Melbourne’s historical seaside beach huts, with its charming gabled roof and pastel yellow striped facade.
- Adelaide’s G’day Group becomes $1 billion business with new SA tourism assetsThe acquisitions will see the G’day Group invest an additional $60 million in SA tourism assets and meet its target of becoming a $1 billion business by 2020.
- Where to eat, drink, stay, and play on Kangaroo Island in SpringSpring is an excellent time to visit Kangaroo Island, as cool sea breezes stave off the sometimes-harsh sun, and native flora and fauna are just waking up.