Everyone who’s watched or read a period romance has probably wanted to pretend to live like the aristocracy at least once.
Noble titles are few and far between in Australia, but you can still put on airs if you stay up at the majestic Martinsell Manor in the Pewsey Vale wine region.
Martinsell Manor, a historical, stately, stone building is set on 77 acres in beautiful surroundings within the picturesque Barossa region.
A magnificent piece of South Australian history, this turn of the century home has played host to some prominent Australian and international aristocrats, politicians and business people.
The grand rooms and opulent architecture give glimpses of a bygone era.
The private accommodation on the ground floor is rented as a whole area, which includes your pwn spacious lounge and dining area. A getaway for yourself, your partner, friends or family.
The impressive two guest suites (one King and one Queen) have recently been renovated by Adelaide’s Ashburton Design, which seamlessly blend the old world charm with his colours and furnishings, to make a beautiful and elegant environment.
Enjoy high ceilings, quality Georgian and Chippendale furniture, and Persian carpets on polished floorboards.
Spend your day strolling around the gardens under a lace parasol, or duel with flintlock pistols for the affection of your beloved.
There’s even a pool on the greens for a damp Colin Firth to tumble into.
You’ll have to supply your own butler, though.
MORE SA WEEKEND ESCAPES
- $107 Kangaroo Island Flights On Sale NowThere’s plenty to see and do on Kangaroo Island, and now it’s cheaper than ever to get there and home with this airfare deal.
- Camping Proves Popular This School Holidays, Providing Relief To Regional TourismAs COVID restrictions ease and the new normal starts, the desire to travel and escape remains strong with families choosing a camping holiday.
- Getaway: Luxury Oceanview Eco Villas Officially Open On Kangaroo IslandOceanview Eco Villas is officially opening this Saturday, July 4th, bringing a new standard of luxury to Kangaroo Island.
- There’s A $299 4-Night Cruise From Adelaide To Kangaroo IslandCruise from Adelaide to Port Lincoln, Kangaroo Island and back again, this February from only $299 per person, meals inclusive!
- Getaway: Pavilions At Lenswood In The Adelaide Hills Is Pure LuxuryViews from each villa are fabulously South Australian, overlooking lush, landscaped gardens and tree-lined valleys.
- Getaway: Enjoy European Opulence At Martinsell ManorA magnificent piece of South Australian history, this turn of the century home give glimpses of a bygone era.
- Adelaide Showground Has A Brand New Caravan Park!As Adelaide’s most central caravan park, it’s going to be a fantastic location to set up for those traveling to the city for both business or pleasure.
- Stunning Fly Through Gives A Taste Of New Crowne Plaza GlamourAhead it its October launch, the hotel has released a stunning virtual tour of what guests can expect when checking in on Level 10.
- Getaway: Yorke Peninsula’s Seafire Is SA’s Newest Luxury Holiday HideawaySouth Australia’s newest luxe-in-nature holiday hideaway has been launched and is ready for you to enjoy.
- Getaway: Kings Beach Retreats Set New Benchmark For LuxuryExclusive beachside accommodation on spectacular Kings Head, South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula.