Everyone who’s watched or read a period romance has probably wanted to pretend to live like the aristocracy at least once.
Noble titles are few and far between in Australia, but you can still put on airs if you stay up at the majestic Martinsell Manor in the Pewsey Vale wine region.
Martinsell Manor, a historical, stately, stone building is set on 77 acres in beautiful surroundings within the picturesque Barossa region.
A magnificent piece of South Australian history, this turn of the century home has played host to some prominent Australian and international aristocrats, politicians and business people.
The grand rooms and opulent architecture give glimpses of a bygone era.
The private accommodation on the ground floor is rented as a whole area, which includes your pwn spacious lounge and dining area. A getaway for yourself, your partner, friends or family.
The impressive two guest suites (one King and one Queen) have recently been renovated by Adelaide’s Ashburton Design, which seamlessly blend the old world charm with his colours and furnishings, to make a beautiful and elegant environment.
Enjoy high ceilings, quality Georgian and Chippendale furniture, and Persian carpets on polished floorboards.
Spend your day strolling around the gardens under a lace parasol, or duel with flintlock pistols for the affection of your beloved.
There’s even a pool on the greens for a damp Colin Firth to tumble into.
You’ll have to supply your own butler, though.
MORE SA WEEKEND ESCAPES
- Huge list of hotels drop with second round of SA’s Great State travel campaignAhead of the January 5th launch date, a huge list of venues has dropped for SA Tourism’s latest Great State voucher campaign.
- Getaway: Luxury Glamping with Mannum Mallee TentsMannum Mallee Tents is a unique glamping accommodation experience situated only two minutes from Mannum and the Murray River.
- Glamping arrives in style on the Eyre PeninsulaTucked away in the Lincoln National Park, these glamping bell tents offer a touch of luxury in an incredible part of South Australia.
- CABN launch first premium nature escapes in McLaren ValeNature and wellness focused tourism company, CABN, is set to roll out its first premium accommodation cabins in 2021.
- Getaway: a coastal hideaway on fabulous Kangaroo IslandOffering spectacular views over the gaping crystal rock-pools which run along the north coast of Kangaroo Island, this high-end beach shack offers an Island escape on a staycation budget. 88 acres of ambling land, with 800 metres of private coastal frontage make up this property, situated only 3km west of main Stokes Bay Beach. The … Continue reading Getaway: Enjoy European Opulence At Martinsell ManorRead more
- Getaway: The Coach House is the perfect trip for two.Now this is the weekend getaway you need after being cooped up at home for six days. Leave the in-laws behind when you take a post-lockdown trip to Hindmarsh Island, to a house that only has room for two. Built in 1835 as an outhouse to the handsome Karinga Park Homestead, you’ll find this historic … Continue reading Getaway: Enjoy European Opulence At Martinsell ManorRead more
- GETAWAY! Beach Huts Middleton, Coogee Studio HutAiry and modern, this little shack evokes the feeling of Melbourne’s historical seaside beach huts, with its charming gabled roof and pastel yellow striped facade.
- Adelaide’s G’day Group becomes $1 billion business with new SA tourism assetsThe acquisitions will see the G’day Group invest an additional $60 million in SA tourism assets and meet its target of becoming a $1 billion business by 2020.
- Where to eat, drink, stay, and play on Kangaroo Island in SpringSpring is an excellent time to visit Kangaroo Island, as cool sea breezes stave off the sometimes-harsh sun, and native flora and fauna are just waking up.
- Inside Adelaide’s new, glamorous Crowne PlazaAhead it its October launch, the hotel has released a stunning virtual tour of what guests can expect when checking in on Level 10.