Stuck for a gift idea for Dad or where to take him on this special day of the year?
Glam Adelaide has it completely sorted for you.
What to buy him:
Is your Dad a fashionista?
- Get him suited up at: Tailors Of Distinction. Get his ready-to-wear work wear or for that special touch, a ‘made to measure’ suit! www.tailorsofdistinction.com.au
- Get his casual look at: Myer – We’re loving the Lacoste polos! Check out the website.
- Check out LAX for Dad’s best look – with free shipping Australia wide, you don’t have to bother leaving the house! – www.laxfashion.com.au
Does your Dad like to cook?
- Barbecques Galore have everything that your dad needs to cook that perfect steak – with gifts starting from $20! Have a browse online…
What about Mr. Fixit?
- Bunning’s have a wide selection of gifts as well as gift cards. Visit their online Father’s Day gift guide to help you choose.
- Jetty Road, Glenelg has compiled an album of products for Dad – check out their photo album bursting with great gift ideas! Click here to have a look. And don’t forget to ‘like’ Jetty Road on Facebook!
- Charlesworth Nuts have an entire page dedicated to their Fathers Day gift ideas! Click here to shop online…
- The Gift Specialist offer gourmet gifts, alcohol packs, nuts, sporty gift packs, cologne/aftershave and other ideas. Delivery is available to Adelaide and rural South Australia. Check out www.thegiftspecialist.com.au for great gift ideas.
- Inferflora Gourmet will deliver gourmet hampers, fruit baskets, balloons and other gifts. www.interflora.com.au
- Grumley’s will deliver a variety of gift baskets, including wine, chocolate and gourmet hampers, to Adelaide and surrounding areas. Check out their website.
- Visit your nearest ABC Shop, or shop online to have a look at their Father’s Day catalogue.
- Myer Online will let you browse and shop for all of Dad’s needs. www.myer.com.au
Things To Do:
- Is Dad a footy fan? There’s two SANFL matches on… Norwood v. West Adelaide at Coopers Stadium 2.10pm Eagles v. Sturt at Woodville Oval 2.10pm
- The Royal Adelaide Show will also be on (3 – 11 September 2011) – drag Dad along and buy him a show bag! (Bertie Beetle doesn’t count!) Click here for the Royal Show website, to pre- purchase tickets, look at transport ideas and more! www.adelaideshowground.com.au
Where to Feed Him:
- The Stamford Grand: Spoil Dad this Father’s Day with lunch at The Promenade Restaurant. Enjoy a lazy morning at home, followed by a buffet luncheon with a tantalising array of dishes including a carvery with two classic roasts and a sensational dessert selection. $49 per person, including a glass of beer on arrival for all Dads / $29 children 4 -12 years. For further details and bookings, please contact The Promenade Restaurant on (08) 8375 0622. From 12.30pm, check out their website to look over a menu. www.stamford.com.au
- Utopia Restaurant at Waterfall Gully: Situated in Adelaide’s prestigious eastern suburbs, Utopia at Waterfall Gully is nestled at the base of an 18m waterfall that flows all year round. Just 10 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD, Utopia is the only restaurant in Australia set at the base of a waterfall making it a truly beautiful and unique venue. This September, show your dad just how much you care with meal in one of Adelaide’s most gorgeous new restaurants. Choose from our ‘Daybreak with Dad’ breakfast or our ‘Fatherly Lunch’, and celebrate the magic of family in this beautiful piece of paradise. Places are strictly limited and our Mother’s Day event sold out within days – so call and lock in your table today! Click here for a menu sample or call 8379 2488 for any enquiries and to make a booking!
- Regattas Bistro with new Head Chef Derek Salmon: www.adelaidecc.com.au/regattas
- Coopers Brewery: www.coopers.com.au
- Intercontinental Adelaide restaurant: www.intercontinental.com/adelaide
- The Stag Hotel – Adelaide’s best steak! www.staghotel.com.au
- Saldelchin: www.saldechin.com
Does He Like Wine?
Spoil your Dad this Father’s Day with a trip to K1 winery at Kuitpo. Enjoy an exclusive guided walking tour around the vineyard, with access to areas not normally open to the public, taste some of their award-winning wines and be among the first to share a glass of their latest vintage Amarone style icon wine, the K1 Tzimmukin 2006. Gourmet sausages and other food will also be available to purchase.
Tickets are only $25 per person, but tours are limited to just two groups with a maximum of 20 people each, so bookings are essential! Tours start at 12pm and 2pm.
For more information, click here.
Don’t forget to have a browse through the Glam Adelaide site to look at our catalogues section to find up-to-the-moment ideas for Dad!