Lovers of Australian native ingredients now have one easy location to go to in the markets to get their native food fix, Australian Native Food Co.
Some of the most interesting products on offer include the green ant marmalade, bush apple jam, and damper rings.
Australian Native Food Co has been an online store for some time now but as of a few hours ago they have a shop thanks to some help from Renew Adelaide.
Products such as green ant marmalade may seem a little bit out there to some, but what a great opportunity to try some of the wonderful foods Australia has to offer and at the same time support a South Aussie business.
There are lots of native Australian superfoods on offer such as the green ant marmalade and the Bush apple jam as well as the Native Bush Dukkha and Quandong and Rhubarb Jam, so not only is it tasty, it’s really good for you as well!
In the new store owner, Rebecca Paris has set up a tasting station so you can come in and try their vegan chocolates and range of jams.
Food isn’t the only thing available at the store either with a new range of native body care products coming soon such as candles, soaps, and body wash and coffee body scrubs infused with native products.
Talking on Facebook Live today Rebecca flagged that more and more products would be available soon as they’re creating new products every day.
At this new store, you’ll also be able to sit down and enjoy a protein ball or native biscuit along with a coffee infused with wattle seeds or a large selection of teas.
There’s clearly no shortage of interesting products for people to get their teeth stuck into!
Australian Native Food Co can be found at shop 13 in the Adelaide Central Markets Arcade.
- Enjoy a Hills getaway amongst the trees at Cladich PavilionsThe stunning Aldgate bed and breakfast accommodation offers three different rooms all nestled in native bushland and eucalyptus.
- Three Little Birds launches with Australian botanical gin distilleryInspiration for Three Little Birds came when Adelaide couple, Leigh and Lisa-Marie, heard a Triple J cover of the seminal Bob Marley classic.
- Greek restaurant Voula’s sets up shop in BrightonThe eatery has evolved over the years, starting in Plant 4, expanding to a standalone venue on King William Road, and now setting up shop in Brighton Rugby Club.
- New bulk food shop Heart & Whole opens in Port NoarlungaThe new shop sells the usual bulk food items (cereal, seeds, grains, and more) as well as grocer items and cleaning products in their aesthetically pleasing store.
- Your guide to Biscoff treats in Adelaide this winterFrom hot Biscoff lattes to cookie tarts, we’ve compiled the six best cookie-filled eats available around the city right now.