Health Officials say SA to return to pre-Parafield Cluster restrictions in one week • Glam Adelaide

Health Officials say SA to return to pre-Parafield Cluster restrictions in one week

State officials expect that by early December, SA should return to its pre-Parafield cluster restrictions.

By

South Australia is expected to return to the restrictions prior to the emergence of the Parafield cluster in one week.

Following this morning’s Transition Committee, SA Premier, Steven Marshall says that he believes the state is in a very good place to come out of the cluster in one week.

There will be another Transition Committee meeting on Friday and next Tuesday.

SA Health Chief Public Health Officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier also confirmed that Tuesday 1 December, is the expected date for SA returning to pre-Parafield cluster restrictions.

COVID-19 case update

There has been one new COVID-19 case found in the last 24 hours but it is not connected to the Parafield cluster.

The man in his 20s is quarantining in the medi-hotel and is a close contact to an overseas arrival.

There are currently 27 cases linked to the cluster, with one man in his 30s discharged from the hospital, and a woman in her 50s admitted.

Professor Spurrier says that she is one of the group originally infected in the cluster and that she is in stable condition.

Of the close contacts, many will soon reach 14 days since exposure and will be coming out of quarantine.

However, Professor Spurrier has reassured that before coming out of quarantine, they will need to be cleared through a final COVID-19 test.

Over 4400 people directly linked to this cluster are currently in quarantine.

There are 39 active cases, a total of 557 cases and 6,822 people tested on yesterday, in private and public clinics.

State Government updates

Mr Marshall says that the small business cash grants’ deadline have extended from December 14 to midnight February 28, 2021.

This will enable some businesses and not-for-profits significantly impacted by last week’s 3-day circuit breaker to apply for the scheme.

The temporary laws allowing hospitality businesses to deliver alcohol with meals will also be made permanent.

Announced yesterday, eligible Home Builder Grant applications will now have six months to commence construction of their new home.

Contracts will still need to be signed by the end of December, but previously construction needed to start within three months.

QR Codes and border control

SA Police Commissioner, Grant Stevens announced that the QR Code technology’s launch will coincide with 1 December.

He also says that he expects that Victorian borders will also relax next Tuesday but that border discussions will be confirmed in the upcoming Transition Committee meetings.

RELATED ARTICLES

Where to buy South Australian-made face masks

Hot News