Their community holds just 3 per cent of the Australian beer market share but, despite confronting times for businesses, craft beer industry engagement is 100 per cent driven by camaraderie.
Now, South Australia’s indie scene is acknowledging your support with an isolation relief pack with the unrivalled variety of 24-different beers to continue the team spirit.
Two local owner/brewers, James McCall from Shapeshifter Brewing and Tony Dichiera from The Suburban Brew, have rallied a gang of 12 award-winning breweries to remind beer lovers the SA indie brewing scene is still open for business.
“This box is a snapshot of the SA indie brewing scene,” says Dichiera. “It’s not just for craft beer nuts; it’s welcoming as well as diverse – and it shows the point of difference between the craft scene and mainstream beer.
“It also delivers on strength and unity in tough times. All us indie brewers battle for shelf and tap space but we all share tips and tricks. And we can also pull together and launch a concept like this in a couple of weeks. We’re just a small part of the industry but we routinely band together and that’s a benefit to us and to beer lovers.”
The Heaps Good Indie Beer Pack has future favourites for all, from expressive brewery-by-brewery renditions on hit market themes such as fruity Pale Ale and hop-driven styles, to the olfactory and palate nuances in the diversity of malt from grain, as well as engaging yeast esters.
Follow the pre-order link (below) and, from April 7 punters across Australia will take delivery of this cracker box of flavour and character including two different cans each from a dozen highly regarded South Australian breweries:
- Barossa Valley Brewing: Coffee Chocolate Stout + Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Big Shed Brewing Concern: Jetty Jumper + Boozy Fruit
- Left Barrel Brewing: Duckhunter Pale Ale + mystery beer
- Little Bang Brewing: Face Inverter + Undercover Fashion Police 9
- Mismatch Brewing: India Pale Ale + Strawberry Berliner Weisse
- Prancing Pony: The Piper + Hopwork Orange
- Shapeshifter Brewing Co: Hazy Pale + Azacca Single Hop Pale
- Sparkke: Red Ale + mystery beer
- Swell: Passionfruit Sour + Session IPA
- The Suburban Brew: Flat 5 ESB + Sunday Session Ale
- Uraidla Brewery: Third Eye Pale Ale + Half Moon Session Ale
- Watsacowie Brewing Company: Jazzy Red Ale + Depot Ale
Shipped Australia wide from April 7, or for pick-up in South Australia at these venues from April 9:
- Barossa Valley Brewing, Tanunda
- Big Shed Brewing Concern, Royal Park
- Little Bang Brewing, Stepney
- Prancing Pony, Totness
- Sparkke at the Whitmore, City
- Swell, McLaren Vale
Follow the link for pre-order sales and delivery
Cost: $120 a carton of 24
- LOC to set up lo-fi wine bar in the CBDThe South Australian business is preparing to call Hindmarsh Square it’s home as of next month as it opens a flagship store – LOC Bottle Bar.
- Prohibition Liquor Co. releases Blood Orange GinProhibition’s Blood Orange Gin is described by the team as “juicy, bold … ready to party.”
- Joe Dumpling creators branch out with brick & mortar store, Moon Bear Dumpling Co.Moon Bear Dumpling Co. will open in the western suburbs next month and, while dumplings will be on the menu, the store will offer more in terms of Taiwanese food.
- Violet Crumble Cronuts are here in all their mouth-watering gloryEssentially, it’s the signature Jenny’s cronut, filled with a violet crumble custard, and topped with milk ganache, and chunks of violet crumble.
- Our top five Margherita Pizza spots in AdelaideCheck out these Adelaide hotspots for a delicious Margherita Pizza.