It’s what we’ve all been waiting for. The warmer weather has arrived, but it just hasn’t been the same without the obligatory stroll down the jetty after grabbing an ice cream in Henley Square.
After undergoing major reconstruction over the past 7 months, the $2.4 million project, which was originally anticipated to take only 4 months, has finally been completed.
We’ve basically gotten a whole new jetty though, so it was worth the wait.
The jetty is over 130 years old, and needed timber and support beams to be replaced, along with the construction of a new shelter and hand rails.
Now, it’s better lit, safer to walk along, and is looking fantastic, just in time for the busy season.
With the addition of so many new businesses to Henley Square in the past year, we anticipate that this Summer will be Henley’s busiest yet, so having a brand, spanking new Jetty couldn’t have come at a better time.
- Review: Escape Room: Zombie Apocalypse
- Japanese All-You-Can-Eat Restaurant To Open In CBD
- Book Review: Mary Lee, by Denise George
- It’s Goodbye To The Pot, And Hello To Italian Restaurant And Aperitivo Bar Nido
- Princess Cruises Announce Massive Additions To Adelaide Cruising Season