If you have a holiday house, and were planning on taking a trip for Easter, or even for a weekend during the current travel restrictions, don’t.
This is the clear message from both the Prime Minister and South Australian Premier Steven Marshall.
“This Easter, my message cannot be any clearer,” said Premier Marshall. “I am asking all South Australians to please stay home.”
Unfortunately, it would seem this is still being treated as a grey area, with some citing as they’re a rate payer at their holiday shack, it falls outside of the non-essential travel restrictions currently in place.
Some have even commented that by traveling to regional towns, they are helping the local economies during these hard times.
However, according to the chief public health officer, anyone travelling around the state is a potential carrier of COVID-19.
Regional towns need to isolate as much possible, and having visitors coming through, regulars or otherwise, does put them at risk.
South Australians must act to protect the state’s regional communities, and can do this by remaining at home, in family or household groups.
“Now is simply not the right time to be taking a holiday in regional South Australia,” stated Premier Marshall.
Prime Minster Scott Morrison stated failure to remain at home this Easter long weekend could undo everything Australia has achieved so far.
“People should not be going away for Easter holidays,” he said. “People should not be getting in their cars and going to other places.”
To reiterate, for those who own or rent holiday properties outside of their city, this means staying put.
Holiday plans, including weekend trips, should be put on hold, for the sake of family, loved ones, and all South Australians.
“The sooner we limit the spread, the sooner life can return to normal,” stated Premier Marshall.
“Then, we can start to plan ahead for our much over-due holidays. Our regions will be there to welcome you with open arms.”
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.