While COVID-19 has successfully halted many of the events and experiences we love, there’s something that the shopping gods have salvaged and it’s Black Friday!
The major retail phenomenon of Black Friday is returning to Rundle Mall this week and we don’t need another excuse to get our shopping on.
With discounts of up to 50 per cent off fashion, accessories, homewares, toys, electronics and more, it’s a great way to start your Christmas shopping and pick up some cheeky bargains for yourself.
The opportunity to be shopping in real life again with excellent COVID-19 safety measures in place has us very keen.
The city’s longest-ever day of shopping and a weekend full of offers is set to give traders a post-lockdown boost after these uncertain times.
Black Friday will look a little different to previous years with a number of COVID-19 safety measures in place to keep us safe!
Get excited for 16 straight hours of trading, from 8m until midnight this Friday 27 November.
Extra hours over the weekend mean that stores will be able to trade 9am to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Top tips for a safe and enjoyable Black Friday weekend
- Plan ahead – visit rundlemall.com to see the offers from participating retailers and make your shopping list before heading into the Mall
- Start early or visit late – take advantage of early opening and late closing to beat the heat and spread your visit across the day
- Be safe – wearing a mask is encouraged and bring a hat, water and sunscreen to stay comfy in the warm weather
- Be patient – you may be asked to queue but don’t worry as there’s plenty of time to shop
- Take a break – have a rest between purchases by enjoying food and drinks at one of the Mall’s many cafes, restaurants and food courts
Black Friday deals on offer in Rundle Mall include:
- H&M – 20% off storewide
- Nike – 30% off storewide
- Hype DC – 50% off selected shoes
- adidas Originals – 30% off storewide
- Country Road – 20% off storewide
- Crumpler – 30% off all bags
- JB Hi-Fi – up to 50% off selected products
- Dr Martens – up to 30% selected shoes
- Kathmandu – 40% off all Kathmandu stock
- Nowa the Label – 20 to 50% off selected items
- Witchery – 20% off storewide
Rundle Mall General Manager Johanna Williams says the extra hours would give shoppers more time to take advantage of widespread Black Friday specials.
“Shopping in Rundle Mall will be a little different in light of the current restrictions, with everyone encouraged to wear masks for their own health as much as for frontline retail workers,” Johanna says.
“The one person per four square metre rule will be monitored closely so shoppers may be asked to queue outside to manage in-store numbers, but rest assured retailers will be working hard to serve customers quickly and safely and the bargains will be well worth the wait.”
Masks will be available, while COVID marshals, extra security, SA Police patrols and extra cleaning will continue to keep the Mall safe, clean and welcoming.
DJs will also be located across the Mall to create a fun atmosphere, while reinforcing safety messaging.
After a year like no other, Johanna says that traders are happy to be open again and looking forward to a strong start to the Christmas trading period this Black Friday.
Get excited for Rundle Mall heavyweights such as Sephora, Apple, MECCA, H&M, the flagship department stores, and national and South Australian brands to be offering a range of excellent deals.
All available offers can be found on the Rundle Mall website at https://www.rundlemall.com/black-friday.
Ready, set, SHOP!