IKEA Adelaide have just released their Bedrooms catalogue, filled with inspiring and wonderful ideas to refresh or redesign your bedroom. If you didn’t receive it in the mail you can grab one in store.
As usual IKEA have so many great ideas and designs to help you maximise storage and minimise clutter! I love the PAX wardrobes and KOMPLEMENT storage system … shoe organisers, jewellery compartments and great storage for handbags, what more could a girl ask for?
The bedroom can be a place of sanctuary. A place where you can escape, relax and unwind from the pressures of the day. It’s a room often used for reflection and contemplation.
Comfort and practicality are the keys to creating a space that not only looks and feels good but works well as a multi-function room. The master bedroom is most often used to make a statement and reflect the personality of the occupier or occupiers.
While neutral tones remain the most popular in the bedroom, bold accent colours are increasingly being used. Neutral tones are of course soothing but colours like blue, purple and mauve are growing in popularity because they imbue warmth.
Whatever your taste and style, planning your bedroom needn’t be stressful. IKEA has a 3D bedroom planner, which is a fantastic tool to use when designing your wardrobe space. It is available online at www.IKEA.com.au or in store.
PLANNING YOUR DREAM BEDROOM – TOP TIPS
1. Plenty of storage – Make everything you need is close at hand
2. Avoid Clutter – A bedroom should give you space to relax and unwind
3. Proper lighting – It can really lift the look of a bedroom
4. Good bed and mattress – Basic but essential for a good night’s sleep
5. Soft furnishings – Pay attention to the details such as rugs, curtains, cushions and throws