The craft beer scene has blown up over the past decade, with craft breweries popping up left, right and centre across South Australia and the rest of the world.
Local Adelaide hotspot La Boca Bar & Grill have jumped aboard the craft beer enthusiast train, and have partnered with Adelaide Hills craft beer experts Prancing Pony Brewery to bring you their La Boca’s Prancing Pony Shared Degustation Dinner on Wednesday 26 July.
Prancing Pony rose to critical acclaim last year when their India Red Pale Ale won the prestigious World’s Best Beer award at the International Beer Challenge in London.
La Boca Chef Nicolas Arriola has put together a unique five course menu which has been paired perfectly with a selection of Prancing Pony Brewery beers. Check out the incredible pairings below:
- Sunshine Ale paired with prawn and scallops ceviche with pineapple, tomatoes, lime, red onion and mint leaves
- Pale Ale paired with coriander and black pepper crusted tuna loin with confit tomatoes
- India Red Ale paired with stilton infused pork scotch with sweet potato and orange
- Amber Ale paired with grilled outside skirt with celeriac puree
- Black Ale paired with flourless chocolate cake with warm chocolate chilli and cardamom mousse
Is your mouth watering yet?
The event also features sensory expert Dr. Sue Bastin who will talk about the elements of flavour and aroma in beer. Sue will give you the information that you need when tasting new beers, including how to identify ‘bad’ beer, smells and flavour, infections of the beer and fermentation issues. You will have the chance to taste, smell and judge from the prepared samples on the night.
Tickets are $65 per person and the event starts at 6.30pm.
Bookings can be made through Eventbrite or by calling La Boca Bar and Grill on 8461 0860.
La Boca Bar and Grill is located at 150 North Terrace, Adelaide.