Photo credit: Daniel Boud
Jimmy Barnes will join an already powerful line-up of Australian music talent for the 2020 SeaLink Travel Group Carols by Candlelight.
The rocker is the final headline act to be announced for the unique broadcast event, which is to be streamed on 7plus and across four Adelaide pop-up locations on December 13
Jimmy says his virtual performance is one of many defining moments of 2020.
“As someone who loves performing live, 2020 has been a challenging year,” says Jimmy.
“As they say, the show must go on – and this is exactly what we did.”
He joins fellow artists Dami Im, Troy Cassar-Daley, Isaiah Firebrace, Annie Jones and Amber Lawrence in the one-hour televised event.
“It’s a great line up of talent and even if it’s done virtually, we made sure we’re still able to spread some Christmas cheer this season,” says Jimmy.
While 2020 has been challenging, it has also been a productive year for the man affectionately known as Barnesy. His third memoir Killing Time, a series of non-fiction short stories from his time on the road, went straight to #1 on the book charts on its release in October.
Killing Time follows his popular autobiographies Working Class Boy and Working Class Man, which cemented Jimmy Barnes as a best-selling author, as well as a rock ‘n roll Aussie icon.
With Jimmy’s inclusion now announced for the line-up, the 2020 SeaLink Carols by Candlelight will include varied pop, rock, urban and country genres.
In addition to the 7plus stream, the event will be publicly screened at Adelaide Town Hall, Odeon Star Semaphore Cinemas and both Wallis Cinema’s Mainline Drive-in and Piccadilly Cinema, to lucky punters who are able to reserve tickets.
This year’s SeaLink Carols by Candlelight will be like no other, as the artists show glimpses into their personal life while performing from spaces like their home studios.
The 2020 SeaLink Travel Group Carols by Candlelight will screen on 7plus on Sunday, December 13. Tickets to the Adelaide Town Hall pop-up can be reserved HERE with tickets to all other pop-up venues to be reserved by emailing venue preference and ticket quantity to [email protected].
- Turn your unwanted gift cards into happiness for sick kidsThe Starlight Children’s Foundation is asking Australians to turn their unwanted Christmas gift cards into happiness for sick kids.
- Rundle Mall’s Boxing Day sales bonanzaTens of thousands of South Australian bargain hunters will flock to Rundle Mall tomorrow to take advantage of sales of up to 60 per cent off.
- Our top South Aussie Christmas traditionsCheck out our top SA traditions to induldge in over Christmas!
- Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market Twilight event to round-out their festive December seasonAdelaide Showground Farmers’ Market has a stellar festive line-up for December, so all your Christmas shopping can be done in the one place!
- A guide to Adelaide’s Christmas lightsThis year, Christmas light fanatics can get serious about the hunt for the best light displays with the ever-growing Christmas Light Search directory.